9: The Contract

"Why'd you say that?" Ellie asks him as they walk away.

"Say what?"

"That you were my boyfriend,"

"I see nothing wrong with it, Miss Jewels. Sit" says Alexander after pulling a chair for Elizabeth.

"I don't know lying had been a right thing," sabat ni Elizabeth.

"We are not lying, Miss Jewels. Now I don't want to discuss this matter here, let's eat." His voice is firm and a little bossy, well what do Ellie expect? Boss nga daw sya diba? Like duhh! Ellie rolled her eyes a little which Alexander didn't noticed.

"Can I get your order sir, ma'am?"

*

"So... how was your date with Mister oh-so-freaking handsome?"

"Mia, hindi nga date yun! It's... ewan! Hindi ko mahanap ang tamang term, pero hindi date yon,"

"Stop lying, Ellie. Of all people sa akin ka pa ba magsisinungaling?"

Elizabeth opened her mouth to speak but a knock on her door stop her from replying in her friend's call on the other line of  the phone. Nilingon nya ang pinto at nakita doon si Alexander, the same drop dead gorgeous man who claim himself as her boyfriend not too long ago.

"Gonna get back to you later, Mia..."

"Wait, what? Hindi pa tayo tapos magusap—"

"Take care, Miah. It's so nice to hear your voice again..." that was her last words before ending up their conversation. She took a deep breath before turning around. The beautiful view of the garden out of her window was replaced when she face the opposite way of where she was looking at earlier. And then she lost her voice again. The same effect of Alexander's presense never fail to make her feel uncomfortable.

"Miss Jewels, I do hope I'm not interupting you with your business,"

"It's alright," she whispered. Her eyes wandered around before asking, "what brings you here, Mr. Thansley?"

"The contract,"

'Contract?' tanong ni Ellie sakanyang sarili. "What contract?" her forehead wrinkled, confussion and curiosity hits her.

"I'll show you, come downstairs," saad ng binata kasabay ang pagtalikod at paglabas sa kwarto ng dalaga. Sa di malamang dahilan ay bumilis ang tibok ng dibdib ni Ellie, itinaas nya ang kanang kamay at ginagap nya ang kanyang dibdib. She can clearly hear her own heart beat. What contract? What for? Kinalma nya muna ang sarili bago lumabas ng silid at sundan ang binata. Bawat hakbang nya pababa ng hagdan ay ultimong kay gaan, walang marinig na yabag, iniingatan nyang gumawa ng anumang ingay, ganon talaga siya kapag kinakabahan.

"Miss Jewels, Mr. Thansley is waiting for you in the living room," Mr. Juaqin who spoke from behind Ellie creep the hell out of her. Para syang kabute na bigla na lamang lumilitaw kung saan nya naisin! "My apologies, Miss Jewels. I don't intend to surprise you,"

"I-it's fine, it's just that your sudden appearance is... ugh..."

"Scary?"

"No, not really scary. More on surprising," she smiled a little but the old man didn't, and then he is back to his usual self.

"Mr. Thansley is waiting, excuse me," matapos magsalita ay umalis na ang matanda. Ellie watch as he walk away.

"That's odd..." she mumbled to herself and then made her way to the living room. Matapos ang ilang hakbang ay narating nya ang sala ng mansyon ng lalaki. He is sitting on a single couch, his legs accrossed to each other, his breath is as calm as the sea at dawn. 'How could he do that? How on earth could he affect even from this far?' she asks herself on the back of her mind. Mayamaya ay biglang bumaling ang tingin ng lalaki sa kanyang kinatatayuan, his eyes, dark and tantalizing, muka syang naiinip but that didn't change the fact that he look extravagant despite of doing nothing but to be himself.