The Fear

"Sanaya tu dinner kar chuki hai Kya?

Aaj na mujhe hostel ka Wohi Purana daal bhaat ni khana, Chal canteen me pizza Khate hain. "

Sanyukta suggested entering their dorm,
and started cleaning her bed.

She paused her work realizing Sanaya didn't reply anything & looked up to find her engrossed in her mobile.

"Sanaya.? "

"haan.? "

Sanaya rose her lashes up to meet her.

"Kya kar rahi hai?  Chal na canteen chalte hain. "

"umm. Nahi mera mann ni hai. "

"mann ni hai?  Tujhe aaj khana ni khana?
Ya phir dieting kar rahi hai.? "

Sanyukta chuckled.

"Nahi maine canteen se already 2 burger Kha liya hai. Toh ab bhook ni hai. "

Came Sanaya's cold reply.

"arey tum canteen gayi thi?  Mujhe phone kar diya hota,
mai bhi chali jaati. Dono sath me Kha lete. "

As soon as Sanyukta finished her line, Sanaya put her phone aside with a frustrated sigh.

"toh Kya hogaya yaar? 
Abhi kya mai tujhe bina bole canteen se Kuch Kha bhi ni sakti.?

Waise toh tu apni decisions khud leti hai, toh Kya mai ni le sakti.? "

Sanyukta stood puzzled at her sudden outburst,
while Sanaya shifted her focus back to her phone.

"mai toh bas puch rahi thi, itna gussa kyun kar rahi hai? 
Mujhse naaraz hai Kya.? "

"Nahi. Mai tumse kyun naaraz hone lagi?

Tum kabhi koi galti Karti ho Kya? 

Tumhara liya hua har decision correct hota hai. "

Sanaya taunted getting up from her bed and
left the room leaving a confused Sanyukta behind.

"ye Sanaya ko ho Kya gaya hai aaj kal? Kis baat pe itna naaraz hai.? "

She murmured to herself trying to register the reason behind Sanaya's weird behavior in her mind but failed.

************

There Sanaya walked out of the hostel towards the back yard of the college where she could find her much needed peace.

A light guilt for behaving rudely with her best friend was there
but every time she thought how
Sanyukta choosed a so called challenge over their much important plan, rage overpowered her mind.

Somewhere Ishika & her friend's earlier conversation was ringing in her head.

Does really all think that she is nothing special other than being bestfriend of Sanyukta?

"hello Miss daydreamer, khule aankhon se sapne dekhna thik hai per Samne deewar ka bhi dhyan rakhna chahiye. "

Randhir's voice made her snap out of her thoughts, only to realize she was going to collide with a nearest wall with another step ahead subconsciously.

"oh thanks Randhir. "
She smiled walking back to the bench Randhir was seated on with two coffee mugs in his hands.

"maine kisi cheesy movie me Suna tha ki friendship me no sorry, and no thank you. "

He winked forwarding a mug to her.

"OK sorry. "
She bit her lip,
but the moment he narrowed his gaze at her she realized her own words and slapped her forehead.