Don't break the promise

For the rest of the day Randhir kept standing outside of the emergency ward where sanyukta was getting treated ,amidst a lot of persistence of his friends to go back hostel and take rest.

He simply denied to even move from there ,en stood reminiscing the last conversation they had shared.

From the day of realisation of his own feelings towards her he had secretly wished to hold her in his arms while she would talk about them,but never in his worst dreams he had imagined the day to come like this.

Undoubtedly he would have been the happiest person after hearing her confession but in the situation she said it was more like a good bye to him ,like she had already decided to leave him ,which was something he wasn’t ready to accept.

“Randhir.?”

A voice interrupted his thoughts hence he angled his head to the other direction only to find sanyukta’s aunt standing there in a vulnerable state.

“Randhir ye kya hogaya meri sanyu ko? Vo thik toh hai?kuch zyada serious to nahi hai?

Kya kaha doctor ne.?”

Her aunt blabbered worriedly ,while all Randhir did was to stare at her blankly.

“tum kuch bol kyun nahi rahe ho? Vo thik toh hai na.?”

She questioned again and this time he blinked lowering his head.

“vo ..observation me rakha hai,kal kuch batayenge.”

“zyada chot lagi hai usse?

Ye sab kaise hogaya ? parso hi toh mujhse baat kar rahi thi vo.”

Her aunt cried ,hence Randhir stood tongue tied in front of her.

“aap tension mat lijiye vo thik hojayegi.”

He murmured slowly after a while ,even though he was unsure of his own words.

“jabse maine news me dekha hai mera darr badh gaya hai.

Kabhi Socha ni tha usse aese halath me dekhne ka din ayega. "

Randhir gulped watching her sobbing uncontrollably, when she leaned on his chest .

"mujhe pata hai tumhare rehte sanyu ko Kuch nahi hoga phir bhi pata nahi kyun darr lag raha hai. "

Randhir blinked repeatedly wounding an arm around her before speaking up.

"kuch ni hoga usse.

Vo bolke gayi hai itni jaldi mera pichha nahi chhodegi. "

Her aunty nodded controlling her sobs, just then kaustuki approached them with a glass of water.

"Aunty, paani pee lijiye. "

Randhir took the glass from her offering it to the woman who was first denying, but later drank it on his persistence.

"aap ghar chale jaayiye, jab Sanyukta ko hosh ayega mai apko call kardunga. "

"nahi nahi. Mai kahin nahi jaa rahi hun. "

The woman shook her head.

"dekhiye aapko rest ki jarurat hai,aur Sanyukta ko bhi achha nahi lagega agar usse pata chalega ki aap raat bhar yahan ruki thi.

Mai Subah apko call karunga. "

Randhir assured her, thus she finally nodded agreeing to him.

"ek kaam Karo tum sab bhi college wapas chale jao, mai hun yahan ."

Randhir chirped eyeing his friends and kaustuki,once after Sanyukta's aunt left.

"Randhir, hum rukte hai yahan.