•XIII•

"Why do you keep hiding there?" You asked as you approached the young boy named Joon who was hiding underneath the bridge. The sounds of crickets were heard in the distance as you tried to carefully climb the large stones in the river so that you would not fall and be swept away. 

"W-why a-are you here?" Joon asked as he lifted his face from his knees. You gasped when you saw that he was covered in bruises. His clothes were also torn and bloodied. You rushed towards him, not caring about slipping on the stones.

Joon's eyes widened in shock as he saw you slip and fall into the river. He rushed to your side and caught you before you could be swept away. His beautiful big eyes seemed to glimmer in the moonlight as he gazed into your eyes in worry. 

Even at such a young age you knew what love was, you knew how love made you do stupid things. You had seen all of that in movies and believed it to be true. You had always loved Cinderella and dreamed of a prince sweeping you off of your feet. 

Looking into Joon's beautiful eyes,  you knew it in your heart that he was the handsome prince that came to whisk you away on his horse to a beautiful castle in a far away land. 

"Y/N! Can you hear me?! Are you okay?!" Joon asked as he began to shake you in panic. He was afraid you had bumped your head on one of the rocks.

"I-I'm fine" you mumbled as you pushed him off of you, you were afraid he would be able to hear your heartbeat. "H-here... I made this for you" you continued as you took a bracelet out of your water soaked pocket and handed it to him.

"You are someone that literally wears their heart on your sleeve so I made you something to remind you that you... I don't know what I'm saying" you chuckled as tears began to form on the corners of Joon's eyes. He had never been given something like this, especially from someone he had come to admire and in a sense someone he had come to love. 

"Th-thank you" He mumbled as he quickly put it on and smiled warmly towards you. 

"Y-you look like an angel" you blurted out on accident causing Joon to be taken aback. He shook his head, "No... you're the real angel Y/N"

Suddenly, Joon clutched his head in pain. You placed your palm over his forehead and felt your heart drop. He was burning up, yet here he was crying in the middle of the night under a cold and damp bridge. 

"I'm okay... It's better th-" Joon was cut off as many people began to surround the two of you.

"Mom, Dad!" Joon screamed as two figures ran towards him and lifted him up.

You didn't know who they were, but something about them seemed familiar. It must have been the warmth they seemed to emit as they held their son near. You smiled back at the two as you stood up from the cold ground. He was safe now...

🔫🔫

"Joon..." You mumbled again in your sleep causing Jungkook to narrow his eyes. He had been nursing you for three days straight without a moments rest.

"Was he that important to you?" Jungkook asked as he continued to watch you. Placing a palm over your head and another on his own, a grin from on his lips as he noticed your fever was no more.

"At least you should wake up soon" he whispered as he gently placed his palm over the bandaged wound on your chest. He bit his lower lip as he recalled the time you had been shot. He  was after him, but you got in the way and almost died before his eyes. 

"Why not tell her the truth about him?" Jimin asked as he leaned against the opened door. He didn't understand why Jungkook was trying to hide the truth especially when you deserved to know.