•XVII•

"What if I said I have always loved you and this is my way of showing it... Y/N... Will you promise to be with me the same way you promised Joon? Will you promise to continue to fight for me and love me like you did him?" He leaned off of your shoulder and looked you directly in the eyes. His piercing brown orbs made our heart feel heavy.

You felt guilty as he continued to look you directly in the eyes, not once wavering. If you were not mistaken, you could have sworn you saw sadness hidden deep within his eyes. That was the first time you had seen that type of emotion from Jungkook.

"I..." you couldn't finish your sentence. You felt bad for Jungkook, you really did... but... He still wasn't someone you trusted. Ever since you had met him, he acted like nothing more than a pervert who was set on making you submit to him. He forced you to marry him, molested you, acted like a pervert, hit you, has a lover, and because of him you've found yourself facing death in the face countless times. Who in their right mind would want to stay with a man like that?

But... Something in you felt troubled when you looked him in the eyes. He seemed to be hiding something, something that was sure to shatter your world. But there he was just staring at you without a word.

What did he want you to say? That you would love him the same way as Joon?

Joon was someone that you had loved. You loved his innocence and kindness, something that Jungkook did not seem to process. You loved his little laugh when the two of you would walk along the Han River, Jungkook on the other hand only smirked at you as he looked upon your body like a hungry predator eyeing its prey.

"Jungkook, I-" You were cut off as Jungkook winced in pain before falling forward. You caught him just in time as he fell. Placing your palm on his forehead you gasped when you noticed he was running a high fever.

The sounds of dried leaves being crushed under the soles of someone's feet caused you to tense and turn you head towards the source of the sound. To your horror two men wearing black suits approached you with their guns aimed at your head.

"Well, look who we have here. If it isn't Jeon and his little princess" He smirked as he turned to Jungkook in your arms. You didn't know what to do, but one thing was for certain you were not just about to let an injured person get killed.

You stood up and used your body as a shield for Jungkook as you faced the two men with guns aimed at your head. You weren't going to lie, you were scared. You had nothing to defend yourself with other than your body.

"The little princess thinks she's tough. How cute" the man sneered as he turned to his partner. You felt your body shake as the men approached you, but you were not going to let them touch Jungkook.

"Princess, if I were you I would just run away. We don't have anything against you, it's Jeon we're after" One of the men stated in a cold, yet calm tone as he forcefully grabbed your arm and tried to push you to the ground.

"No! He's hurt! Are you a coward to pick on someone who is already down?" You didn't know where the courage came from. The men started to laugh as you tried your best to break free from the man's grasp.

"I guess the little princess needs to be-" the man was cut off as the sound of a bullet piercing through the air was heard. You felt the man's grip loosen on you as he tumbled to the ground.

"No one touches my Kitten" Jungkook spat as he stood up and shot down the other man before he could even react to his partner's death.

"You never change do you" Jungkook chuckled as he approached you.

"Jungkook-ah!" You heard Jin's voice shouting as a stampede of footsteps approached you. Jin widened his eyes when he saw Jungkook shirtless with a bandage across his shoulder and two corpses lying on the ground.