•XIV•

"Ah, so you must be her husband?" you heard Joon ask as Jungkook clicked his tongue in annoyance. You sighed in relief as Jungkook leaned off of you and turned to Joon who seemed a bit troubled at what he had just witnessed.

"Yes I am, and you must be the Joon I've been hearing so much about" Jungkook replied and you could have sworn a smirk had formed on his lips, but within seconds it had vanished. 

"Yes! It's nice to meet you!" Joon exclaimed causing you to tilt your head in confusion. Just why was he acting so calm when Jungkook had appeared? Something seemed off, but you just couldn't place your finger on it. Just what was going on?

"Well, since you've seen your friend we should go" Jungkook muttered as he pulled out his phone and texted someone. You leaned towards him to see who he had texted just in case he was texting someone to kill Joon, but he seemed to notice and quickly locked the screen and placed his phone in his pocket.

"Naughty little kitten" Jungkook chuckled as he stood up and pulled you up by your arm. "It was nice meeting you Joon, but we will have to go. We have an ball tonight with some of my men's families. It's time I introduce Y/N to them as my wife. I would invite you, but it's an exclusive invite only party" Jungkook continued as Joon's phone dinged. He glanced down at it and nodded his head before turning to the two of you.

"Ah, it's my girlfriend" Joon stated in a rather timid tone, but as soon as you heard the word 'girlfriend' you felt your heart grow heavy. It was as if your world came crashing down, but deep down in your heart you knew things with Joon would never work out especially when Jungkook was in the picture. 

"Ah... Tell her we said hi... We'll be on our way then, take care" You mumbled as you walked past Jungkook towards where Jin was. You felt tears form on the corners of your eyes, but stood firm. You were not going to cry in front of Joon, you didn't want him to be unhappy. The only wish you had in life was for him to be happy and you were not just about to cry in front of him and make him have second guesses. Time has passed and you knew it was time to move on. Joon will forever remain your truest and dearest friend. 

You heard someone run up to you and grab your hand. "Kitten, why are you running off like that?" Jungkook seemed worried as he loosened his grip on you, but you didn't care. You shrugged his arm off and stood outside of Jin's car. 

Jin glanced back and forth between the two of you, not knowing what to do. Jungkook let out a deep sigh before walking towards the car, "Aren't you going to open it?" he asked Jin in annoyance as the elder quickly searched for his keys and unlocked the doors. 

As soon as the doors unlocked you opened the door and sat down on the plush leather seats. Once Jungkook had sat down, Jin followed suit and soon took off back towards Jungkook's mansion. The ride back home was a silent one. Jungkook kept stealing glances at you, but didn't say a word.

"Kitten, we have a ball tonight and I want you to get ready" Jungkook whispered as the car stopped in front of the mansion. 

"Do I have a choice?" You mumbled coldly as you turned to him, your eyes seemed bloodshot causing him to look away. He knew what he did was wrong, but that was the only way he could make you understand what it meant to be his wife. 

Without saying another word you opened the door and walked up towards your room. You oddly felt numb as you took off your clothes and walked towards your bathroom. You didn't know why, but the tears that had threatened to fall had ceased to exist. 

You didn't know what was going on, but you felt empty. It was like something big was missing... You tried to breath, but with every breath you took the pain in your lungs continued to increase. It was as if someone was continuously stabbing you in the chest.