Chapter 24

It was morning. 5th June 1832. Today was the funeral of General Lamarque and the start of the Revolution. The Funeral was held at 12 so Juliette had plenty of time to get to Eponine.

She hasn't seen Courfeyrac since she left last night. But as she got home, she saw Courfeyrac curled up in a ball on the bed. He was sleeping and hugging her pillow. Tearstreaks were seen on his face. He had been crying.

His head full of curls was even more messy than the night before. She shook his shoulders. "Courfeyrac, wake up." Nothing. Just soft snoring. "Revolution!", she yelled. Still no reaction. She forgot, that could only work with Enjolras. "Fey, it's time.", she said softly. He stirred in his sleep and slowly opened his eyes to look directly into hers.

Hers were full of pain. "Jules.", he said, hugging her tightly, "where have you been?" "I took a walk. I had to clear my head.", she said. "I didn't get to spend my last night with you. That makes me sad.", he said. "It's not like something would've happened. Especially not now, with the baby.", she said.

"You need to promise me something. I'm not leaving if you don't promise.", he started. She nodded. "Don't follow me to the barricade. It's dangerous and knowing that you are there, is even more scarier for me." "I promise.", she said. "But you must promise me something. Please come back to us."

He nodded and kissed her forehead. "Sadly, I cant promise that. I am sorry." He was about to leave but she grabbed his left wrist. "Fey, please.", she said. Her voice was barely above a whisper and she had tears in her eyes. Courfeyrac could never hurt a fly. How was he supposed to fight in a Revolution?

"I love you. Don't forget, no matter where I am or where I will go, I will always be with you. If I die, then I will be watching over you both." He pressed his lips against hers. It was a passionate kiss. Now even Courfeyrac had tears in his eyes.

He walked out of the door and into the busy streets of Saint Michel. Soon he was out of sight and she moved onto the streets, into the direction of Eponine's home. As soon as she got there, Eponine and Juliette got ready. They had to be early. Eponine left the room.

She put her hand on her stomach. "Hey Baby, I will make sure, nothing is going to happen to your father. I promise.", she said before putting on her hat and leaving the house.

A lot of people were already at the square. So were the Amis. Jehan knew a guy that was in the National Guard. He was sort of siding with them. "Juliette, you are obviously staring. Stop. They shouldn't notice.", Eponine said, hitting her shoulder. "I am deeply sorry.", she said sarcastically.

They didn't have to wait long until the funeral had begun. The boys (well, more specifically Enjolras) yelled everything about General Lamarque and the rest of the boys were climbing on the carriage with the coffin on it. Courfeyrac was one of them.

The blood froze in her veins. The carriage had come to a stop and it was silent. You could hear a General yelling and a shot rang out, hitting a woman next to Combeferre.

"You killed an innocent woman! Murderer!", he yelled. Hectic was everywhere and bullets were fired. Courfeyrac was almost getting split in a half by a guardsman but a man pulled him away before something could happen.

That man looked awfully familiar. And not in a good way. "TO THE BARRICADE!", Enjolras yelled. "Vive la France!", Marius yelled, riding to the barricade.

(A/N: I started school today and I really like this chapter. Leave your thoughts on this chapter below it would mean a lot to me if I got feedback on this chapter.)