17. She

Ana's POV

"You don't have a clue what she is, don't you?"

Blindfolded, I only knew that this man was here a few times.

"No, how could you? Since they were cut out of you, you don't have a clue of anything" he spotted.

"The marble holds them away, am I right?"

I was so tired. It's been days since Claire's missing. Three days to be exact. And also three days since I'm in prison.

"Am I right?" I nearly screamed. My temper was more than short these days.

"Yes" he chuckled. "Now I'll ask you one last time: first: do you remember anything? And second: Do you know something about them or Claire?"

"No, I already told you and your friend!" The panic over came me like a storm. I felt so lost. I don't know anything that happened. Only that I tried to kill them all... Apparently.

I heard footsteps and the door closing.

"NO, PLEASE! NOT AGAIN!" I cried. The fabric around my head was wet of tears from the past hours.

Nothing changed during the next few hours. The same darkness and low temperature. The same icy marble stones under me.

I sighed.

A moment later I heard the door again. Quiet steps made their way over to me. I didn't dare to say a word in panic it could be the wrong one.

The feet traipsed around me, till the person stood right behind me. Gentle fingers tried to open the knot on the back of my head. The bondage fell down to the floor and light reached my eyes.

I shut them tight just to open them right again.

Sunlight shone into the small prison. I tried to turn around to face the person who helped me. To thank them.

But I forgot about the chains and cut the metal even deeper into my wrists. I gasp for air when it started  itching.

The person walked around me, looking right into my eyes. Shyness  shone from her eyes. I smiled.

"Thank you so much."

She was pretty. Not as beautiful as Claire, but still pretty. Orange hair and light skin. Her clothing was simple. She must be from the lower classes.

"No problem. Can we trust you?" she asked. Her voice seemed hard and sure but behind it you were able to see the insecurity grow like mushrooms in autumn.

"Of course" I replied without hesitation.

She nodded, turned around and left. The door closed behind her.

I moaned in disappointment.

NO! Why me? What could I have done to justify all this damn happenings?

The door opened again and the girl came back with a trail of food. She placed it on the ground and grabbed after my wrists. I flinched when she touched the open and sore skin.

"Sorry. Don't move, please" she said, her voice without any expression.

Oh girl, what has happened to you? She was so young and yet so done with everything. Tired.

"Thank you."

"No problem" she replied and left the room.

I swallowed and grabbed a few spoon full of the food.

*****
A month later I was sitting in a new room. It was more comfortable than the prison I was in before, even tho the door was still locked.

My memories came back, slowly but constantly until I remembered all of it a few days before now. I could think about all the people I hurt but actually my mind was occupied with something else.