four ☆ rule two

brooke's pov:

at around midnight, i heard people going up the stairs. it was probably the guys, and they were all most likely going to bed.

for some reason, i couldn't sleep. i was up until one a.m. just watching netflix.

later in the night, without knocking, jonah randomly barged into my room.

"ever heard of knocking?" i giggled.

"nope, but i want to show you something," jonah declared, pulling me out of my bed.

"hey, quiet down, isn't everyone else sleeping?" i asked.

"yeah, that's exactly why we need to do this now. before anyone sees us," jonah explained.

"wait, what are we doing?" i questioned.

"it's something i like to do," jonah replied, pulling me outside.

i don't know why jonah was dragging me outside, but i just followed along.

"climb that," jonah declared.

"you want me to climb up this ladder at one in the morning?" i asked.

"yup, now climb. i'll be right here if you somehow fall," jonah guaranteed.

i took a deep breath, and started climbing up the ladder, "isn't this against rule two?"

"rules are made to be broken," jonah declared, holding the ladder.

after i managed to get up to the roof, jonah started climbing the ladder. as he was climbing, i looked around. there was a mini set-up filled with blankets and pillows.

then, when jonah got up to be roof, i said, "okay, now explain why we're here."

"because, star-gazing is awesome," jonah declared, moving over to the blanket set-up.

i followed him, and wrapped a blanket around me, "how often do you guys come up here?"

"nobody else knows about this, only you and me. i come here when i can't sleep, or if i just want to look at the stars," jonah stated.

like jonah, i laid down on the blankets.

"hm, this is actually pretty cool," i pointed out.

"i like to think of stars as people. stars are made of fuel, but when they run out of fuel, their material is broken apart and it ejects back into space. then, new stars are formed from the old stars. it's just so fascinating how they carry each other's broken pieces to be made new," jonah explained.

"wow, i had no idea stars were all made from broken pieces," i said.

"it's just so cool how stars are all broken, but they still carry their broken pieces in a graceful manner. i wish some people would embrace their broken pieces," jonah added.

"that was poetic," i giggled.

"i'm quite the charm, aren't i?" jonah asked, letting out a laugh.

"yes, jonah marais, you really are," i said, looking up at the stars.

...