twenty ☆ not the boss of me

corbyn's pov:

maybe i should talk to zach. would he give me good advice about this jonah and brooke dilemma?

"zach," i declared, knocking on his door.

"what?" zach shouted.

"i need to ask you something," i said.

zach opened the door, and i took a seat on his bed, "ew, get off my bed."

"it's going to be quick," i declared, "i need advice on something."

zach started laughing uncontrollably, "you came to me for advice? that's hilarious."

i rolled my eyes.

"oh, you're being serious," zach said.

i nodded my head, "okay, so you can't tell anyone this, but basically jonah and brooke like each other and they're both oblivious to the fact that the other person likes them. i talked to both of them, and i know jonah won't do anything about it because he said daniel wouldn't allow the two dating."

"wow, i thought this was going to be entertaining. the whole world knows that jonah and brooke like each other. i bet daniel knows," zach scoffed.

"even if it's obvious, i think daniel would be in denial to the fact that they like each other," i suggested.

"well, i don't really know what to say. if jonah really loves brooke, wouldn't he do something about it?" zach asked.

"he does love her, but i think daniel is getting in the way of him finally confessing his feelings," i said.

"well, daniel needs to get out of the way. my bronah heart needs to beat freely!" zach remarked.

"yeah, yeah, okay, thanks for the advice," i said.

i exited zach's room.

-

zach's pov:

of all people, why did corbyn talk to me? i can't keep secrets whatsoever.

i have to tell someone.

-

"jonah?" i whispered, knocking on his door.

"yeah, zach? what do you need?" jonah replied, opening his door.

i walked in, locked the door, and said, "you need to do something about your feelings towards brooke."

after i said that, jonah immediately groaned, "corbyn told you, didn't he?"

"unfortunately, yes. doesn't everybody know i can't keep a secret in this house?" i asked.

"yeah, okay, whatever," jonah started, "you don't know how bad i want to ask brooke to go on a date with me, or cuddle her, or kiss her, but i can't."

"why not?" i inquired.

"are you seriously an idiot? it's because of daniel. i don't want daniel to hate me forever," jonah explained.

"daniel shouldn't have the right to dictate who you can and can't love," i mentioned.

jonah's eyes grew big, "wow, zach, you're right. he's not the boss of me."

and it was at that moment i knew that i may or may not have gave jonah a wrong influence.

...