five ☆ pancakes

brooke's pov:

after a night of star-gazing, jonah and i went back inside the house at around 1:30 a.m.

i slept until 9:00 a.m., and once again, the house was silent. something inside of me gave me the urge to make breakfast, so i headed down in the kitchen.

i looked in the cupboards, and surprisingly, there was lot of supplies to cook. then, i realized that the boys never cook.

i decided to make pancakes, because there was a huge box of pancake mix. i took the box, grabbed a bowl and whisk, and started to make some pancakes. i popped on my earbuds and shuffled my why don't we playlist, since i genuinely love their music.

i've always been supportive of daniel's career. even when we were just toddlers and he would perform mini talent shows to our families, and even when he sung me to sleep all the time before he moved out to california.

i'm always proud of daniel and his accomplishments, but sometimes i miss how it used to be when he was just a regular guy. now, it feels like he has no time for his family because of his career.

as i was combining the pancake mix with some water, i started to hum the melody of something different. that's always been my favorite song.

"i can read your mind, i know what you're thinking. i could spend my time, feeling all the reasons," i softly sang along.

then, i heard a familiar voice join my karaoke session, "what they know about us, doesn't make a difference. baby, we got us, we on something different."

i jumped in fear, unplugged my earbuds, and saw jonah standing by the kitchen doorway.

"you have a beautiful voice," jonah remarked.

i brushes a few strands of hair out of my face, "thanks, i only ever sing when i'm alone."

"you should sing more often, i'd love to hear your voice more," jonah suggested.

"i'll think about it," i stated, returning back to the pancake mix.

jonah walked closer up to me, "hey, good lookin', whatcha cooking?"

i laughed, "is that a reference to the christmas ep?"

"you bet it is," jonah chuckled.

"well, i'm making pancakes," i declared.

"yeesh, it feels like it's been years since i've last had a legitimate breakfast in this house," jonah said, opening the fridge.

"while you're there, can you pass me any butter?" i asked.

jonah turned around, and handed me a stick of butter, "thank you."

"no problem," jonah replied.

now, he was just watching me turning on the stove, and getting ready to cook the pancakes, "you know, it's a little creepy if you're just standing there and watching me."

"well, maybe i can help?" jonah suggested.

i smiled, "sure, pass me a ladle."

"under one condition, as long as we can listen to the christmas ep," jonah declared.

"okay, fine," i responded, removing my earbuds from my phone.

i shuffled the christmas ep, and raised up the volume. kiss you this christmas began to play.

"joyful, joyful, when you're near. shining like a star, my dear. winter wonderland is here, all i need to bring me cheer," i mumbled.

"wrapped up in your presents, girl, you know you keep me guessing. but, nothing's sweeter than the sight of you this christmas," jonah joined in.

"IT'S COLD OUTSIDE, BUT YOU MELT MY HEART AWAY!" i dramatically sang.

jonah laughed, and did the same, "IT FEELS SO RIGHT, IT'S A PERFECT HOLIDAY!"

-

the remainder of the morning was spent by jonah and i terribly singing along to the christmas ep, and flipping pancakes. jonah tried to flip a few, and somehow ended up getting them on the floor. i've never laughed so hard in my life.

when we finished cooking, all of the guys came downstairs and devoured the food.

jonah's a really funny guy.

...