twenty-three ☆ i love you

narrator's pov:

after jonah heard daniel enter his room, he quietly opened brooke's door. he saw her laying in bed.

"brooke, i wasn't eavesdropping, but i heard fighting between you and daniel. is everything okay?" jonah asked.

"y-yeah, everything's fine," brooke lied.

"brooke, i know you. you're lying to me. please, talk to me," jonah begged, sitting on brooke's bed.

brooke turned her head to face jonah, and immediately jumped into his arms.

"d-daniel got mad at me because h-he thinks you're the reason why i'm not c-c-close to him anymore," brooke sobbed, crying into jonah's chest.

"shh, shh, everything will be okay," jonah whispered, hugging brooke.

"thank you, jonah," brooke said, releasing from the hug.

jonah took his thumb, and wiped one of brooke's tears.

"i love you, brooke," jonah confessed.

"i love you, too, jonah," brooke replied.

the two smiled at each other, but jonah started to lean in.

is this finally happening?, brooke thought.

she leaned in as well, realizing that they were about to have their moment.

their lips were just centimeters apart, until someone interrupted them.

"brooke, i'm sorry about—" daniel started, but then stopped once he saw jonah and brooke about to kiss.

...

a / n :

a very short and garbage chapter, but the tea is really hot