eight ☆ okay, i believe you

brooke's pov:

i didn't wake up till noon, and i was confused why i was hugging jonah. there was popcorn all over the floor, and candy on the couch.

i squirmed out of jonah's grip, and sat up. i saw corbyn, zach, and jack eating cereal at the kitchen island, and they noticed that i sat up.

"did you have a good sleep?" zach asked, and i could tell he was teasing me.

"what do you mean?" i asked back.

"you and jonah's cuddling session," corbyn chuckled, nudging at zach.

"what? we weren't cuddling," i defended.

"uh, yes you were," zach said.

well, i guess zach isn't wrong. technically, we were cuddling.

"well, it doesn't matter," i declared, grabbing a broom.

i started to sweep up the popcorn that was scattered on the floor. then, jonah woke up.

"what happened last night?" jonah inquired, half-asleep.

"you and brooke were watching harry potter and ended up cuddling," corbyn explained.

"just wait until daniel hears about this," jack snorted.

"daniel hears about what?" daniel asked, walking down the stairs.

great, now daniel is going to overreact.

"oh, jack was just talking about how it's going to be fun to see your reaction about brooke and jonah cuddling last night," zach remarked.

i rolled my eyes, and daniel came closer, "you two were cuddling yesterday?"

"well, not really. more like hugging while falling asleep," jonah mentioned.

"bro, that's literally the definition of cuddling," zach pointed out.

"see, even the dropout knows what it means," corbyn said, earning an eye-roll from zach.

"it doesn't mean anything, dani, we were just watching harry potter," i declared.

"okay, i believe you," daniel said, opening the refrigerator.

phew, i thought he'd get upset.

...