one ☆ daniel seavey's rules

brooke's pov:

at four in the morning, i was woken up by my alarm. my flight to california leaves at six a.m., and i was excited to reunite with daniel again. he's older than me by a year, and he's like my best friend.

i took my suitcase, got in the car, and my parents drove me to the airport.

a few hours later...

my plane landed at LAX, and my eyes were searching for daniel. he had recently texted me that he's here to pick me up.

then, i saw him.

"daniel!" i shouted, running up to him.

i gave him a huge hug.

"how's mom and dad?" daniel asked.

"they're good, but i'm just glad to be away for the summer," i laughed.

"wow, i can't believe you're going to stay with me for three months," daniel remarked.

"oh yeah, how's your band?" i brought up.

"they're great," daniel responded.

"i never got to meet them. hopefully, since i'm in california, i will," i mentioned.

"don't worry, they're incredibly nice people," daniel reassured.

-

we arrived at daniel's house, and it was huge.

"you really need this much space for just one person?" i asked.

"no, i don't live alone," daniel said, opening the door with his keys.

the door swung open, revealing four guys on a couch eating cereal.

"guys, this is brooke. she's my little sister, and she'll be moving in with us for the summer," daniel explained.

i was shocked to find out that daniel lives with his band. he never told me, and i'm not ready to live with four guys that i barely know.

all the guys started getting up, and daniel introduced them all to me.

"the curly headed one is jack, the blonde one is corbyn, the short one is zach, and the tall one is jonah," daniel said.

"wow, perfect explanations of us," zach scoffed.

i gave them all an awkward wave, and daniel brought me to my room.

"so, basically, this used to be jonah's old room. some of his stuff are still here, so he may or may not come in and get it at times. but, i hope you like it," daniel explained.

he gave me a hug, and then walked back downstairs to the other guys.

"what could be so bad about living with four other guys i barely know?" i murmured to myself.

i opened my suitcase, and started to unpack.

i genuinely liked the room. the walls were white, and there was a yellow bedding. a nightstand appeared next to my bed, and there was a huge tv and desk.

i was putting away my last article of clothing, when all of a sudden, someone startled me.

"hey," the voice said.

i shrieked, accidentally flinging my favorite bralette across the room. of course, it just had to land on this guys foot.

"oh my gosh, i'm so sorry," i apologized, reaching to get the bralette back.

before i could, the guy grabbed it and twirled it around his finger.

"i think i'm going to keep this," he snickered.

"you're jonah, right?" i asked.

"yeah, sorry for scaring you. i was just getting some of my things," jonah said, walking over to the closet.

he pulled out a bunch of dvd's.

"what movies are those?" i questioned.

"harry potter," jonah replied, still holding my bralette.

"oh, i love those movies," i said.

"we should binge-watch sometime," jonah suggested.

"sure, i guess," i awkwardly replied.

silence filled the room, and jonah started walking away.

"wait, you still have something that belongs to me!" i shouted, chasing after him.

"like i said, i'm going to keep this," jonah remarked, shutting the door to his room.

great, now what am i going to do?

-

narrator's pov:

dinner came around, and everyone gathered at the table. brooke sat next to daniel, and jonah sat in front of her.

"before dinner, i'd like to announce something," daniel said.

he walked into the living room, and pulled out a giant poster.

"these are my rules," daniel remarked.

"and what are they for?" jack asked.

"everyone," daniel replied.

the poster had brick-letter writing, that said:

Daniel Seavey's Rules
Break Them, And I'll Break Your Face

"yeesh, that's a harsh slogan," corbyn scoffed.

"rule one, you do not ever touch my sister in a sexual way," daniel announced.

"of course, they're rules that have to do with me. dani, nobody's going to touch me here," brooke scoffed.

then, the four other guys started snickering. brooke gulped, realizing this would be a long dinner.

"rule two, you do not put my sister in danger. rule three, you do not leave my sister by herself. rule four, you help my sister if she needs help. rule five, you do not kiss my sister. rule six, you do not date my sister," daniel declared.

"and the last one?" jonah asked.

"rule seven, you do not do it with my sister," daniel stated, pointing a finger to everyone.

brooke rolled her eyes, and said, "okay, that's a stupid rule. i wasn't planning on doing it with anyone."

"better not have, young lady," daniel said.

"okay, can we have a normal dinner now?" brooke asked.

"if you live with us, you'll never have a normal dinner," zach added.

...