August 28th, 2020: Move In Day

The semester came to a close a week after Megan's victorious weigh-in, with Megan taking four finals and Amy taking five. Both girls didn't get higher than a C on any of their exams, their focus clearly being more on their next semester rather than the current one. Overall, the giant distraction that was Megan's diet didn't prove to be too destructive to their GPAs.

But even though Megan's parents are easily talked down from any bad grades she has, Amy's parents aren't as lenient. Amy was forced to take a Summer class solely to help her GPA, and was given the ultimatum of either getting straight A's, or having to pay for college herself, something her parents were currently doing for her. Despite her now being 19 years old and somewhat independent while at NEP, Amy's parents still helicopter, now worse than ever, whenever she's home. And unfortunately with Megan living over three hours away in Connecticut, that meant that the girls had to be separated for a long three and a half months.

They kept their friendship up with the usual; texting about their own family drama, memes, but even more importantly, food. This helped both of their Summers go by quickly. And while Amy took a Summer class, Megan worked 12 hours a week at her parents' convenience store, attending the cash register for three hours a day, four days a week. But having an extra person worth of weight on her body made the job much more difficult than it was the Summer before, and Megan eventually whined her way into only working three days a week by the beginning of July.

But the Summer, while dragging at first, winded down quickly in August as both of the girls spent a week packing their parents' cars full to the brim with all of the things they could possibly need for their brand new apartment in Thill.

"I still can't believe you were able to get an apartment like this as a sophomore sweetie! And it was all luck?" Megan's mom asked her as they wrapped up their long drive back to NEP, finally less than ten minutes away.

"Yeah believe it or not we just tried to select it on the housing application and it worked. We like couldn't believe our eyes," Megan said, lying through her teeth.

"Really I would've been more inclined to believe Amy sweet talked her way into it. I've only met her a few times now, but she has more charisma in one finger than I do in my whole body!" Megan chuckled to herself, thinking about how her mom was technically right; Amy did convince Megan to gain over 150 pounds after all.

"She's the best. I can't wait to see her," Megan said happily.

"How was the Summer for her? I know her parents were super strict on her so I'm sure she's gonna be relieved to relax with you finally. She still working out a lot?"

"Oh," Megan thought. "She actually never mentioned it. I'm not sure."

"Well there's really no use in talking about exercise with someone in the Lisowski family, right?" Megan's mom chuckled as she took another gulp from her soda she got when the family stopped at Burger King several miles back.

"Thank god I don't have to worry about stairs this year," Megan said with a sigh of relief. Seeing her mom consistently again over the Summer made her remember how open she could be about her weight.

"I'm telling you sweetie, this extra weight is a good look for you! I'm just jealous that you can eat all of that good food all you want, I might have to crash on your couch now that you have this fancy apartment! I want that dining hall diet!"

Megan couldn't help but smile every single time her mom reaffirmed her weight. "Any time Mom, you're always welcome!"

Meanwhile at Thill, Amy was already almost unpacked, arriving promptly at 11am when move-in was allowed to begin. "I think that's everything, mom," Amy said putting away the rest of her groceries in the kitchen cabinets.