The Company President's Daughter Kidnapping Case

After taking Ran back home, (M/n) walked back to his place, dreading for a worried older sister to bawl on him.

As he walked, he couldn't get that feeling to go away. When his detective friend left, he felt some kind of, what was it? A premonition of some sort?

There was nothing strange about his behavior. He would've known right away.

Did it have something to do with the men in black? Had to be. Why else would he leave his friends behind? He had no one waiting for him back at home except for Professor Agasa, as sad as that sounds.

He accidently passed by his place, distracted by his own thoughts. After feeling a bit of wind on his face, he snapped out of it and found that he was at Shinichi's place.

I don't remember getting here.

Since he was worried for his friend anyway, he decided to check to see if he was home.

Though, he had a feeling it won't be that simple.

The mystery-loving boy strolled inside and heard voices inside. Maybe he is home! He eagerly walked faster--

Huh?

He blinked and shook his head before that strangely brief and warm feeling went away.

The hell?

He decided not to question it further, and walked into his friend's library.

"Hey dork! You home?"

The boy walked in to see the professor, Shinichi's good friend in an awkward stance. He doesn't question it, knowing how he could be.  

"Oh, hey doc. Is the dork home yet?"

"Uh, well--umm, you see--!"

The (s/c) male heard a loud noise behind the desk. The professor made an attempt to stop him, but he already sees a little boy behind it.

"Hey there, kid."

The child turned around and was met with a pat to the head. He smiled at the older boy before asking who the child was.

"It's... it's my relative's child," Agasa answered nervously.

Doc's lying.

"What's your name, kid?"

He backed up, "My name is Shin... no..."

(M/n) noted this child's strange behavior, but doesn't bring it up. He leans in a bit closer as the black haired boy's back reached the bookcase.

He looked behind him then looked back with a smile.

"Conan! My name is Edogawa Conan!"

"You're named after a writer who authored Sherlock Holmes?"

"It's because my dad's a fan of Conan Doyle's novels, so..."

This kid's lying too.

"You know, you remind me a lot of that dork."

Agasa pounded his fist into palm, "Oh yeah, (M/n)-kun! Sorry about this, but can you take this child and let him live with you for a little while?"

Conan ran toward him, "Stop joking--!"

He grabbed the boy, "This child's parents are in a hospital because of an accident, so they asked me to look after him... but I'm a single man."

What's going on?

"Sure, I can do that. But I'll have to talk about it with my sister."

"Really? You can do that? That's great, Conan."