Dying for Him

A/n: Heeeeeeeeey, peoples! I updated another chapter in a book! Yay!

I felt like making you guys cry after reading some angst. And what better fanfic to do an angst chapter on than Detective Conan/Case Closed? And the best part is that this is another hanahaki disease au!

Don't cry too much. This isn't part of the story. Or is it???

Hope you enjoy (and by that, I mean cry your eyes out)!

~~~

(M/n) should've been surprised this happened to him.

Of all the worst case scenarios he thought could happen to him, this one didn't even come to mind.

He hated that it took him this long to figure out. Why it took him ten years to realize what his emotions were trying to tell him while he distracted himself by living a normal life.

He's in love with Kudo Shinichi.

But now his best friends have established their relationship. They announced their love for one another to everyone they know, smiling and flushing while he swallowed the petals threatening to come out of his mouth.

But he couldn't hate them for slowly killing him. He couldn't resent them and be bitter because they were happy.

(M/n) wanted them to be together. Every night, he wished for them to confess and be the perfect couple, make every couple and single person jealous.

He got his wish.

But he did envy Ran. Because he couldn't make Shinichi happy like she can. He envied that they were made to be with each other.

It made him angry for thinking he even stood a chance.

"Hey (M/n), you coming?"

(M/n) turned his head to say hello until he sees his best friends holding hands. He puts on his best smile and forced out a laugh.

"Sure. It's been a while since I've third-wheeled you guys."

Shinichi rolled his eyes, "Yeah yeah. You're just jealous cause I got a girlfriend."

The (h/c) haired boy hears glass shatter.

Ran punched her boyfriend's shoulder, "Don't mind him, (M/n). You'll find someone."

He swallows more petals.

(M/n) smirked, "How does Tropical Island sound?"

---

While the happy couple was enjoying themselves, their friend was in the stall leaning over a toilet that was being filled up with blood and flowers.

(M/n) could feel the roots crush his lungs. He could feel pieces of his broken heart turn into the flowers he's coughing out, wanting to escape the dying bag of flesh that was his body.

Even in his state, he still made sure the door was locked from the inside so no one could walk in on him in this state.

Especially Shinichi.

---

Running to the Ferris wheel, the male brunette felt his instincts tingle uncontrollably. He stops running, stopping his girlfriend as well.

"Shinichi? What's wrong?"

He rubbed his neck, "I-It's nothing, Ran. I gotta head to the restroom real quick. Be right back!"

Ran sits on a nearby bench and eats her cotton candy while waiting for the boy to come back. (M/n) hadn't even crossed her mind once.

---