Monthly Gifted Threats

It's actually called "The Incident of the Monthly Presents and Threats," but that title is too long. I gave this chapter another name (I hope you like) because titles aren't supposed to have really long names, unlike my previous chapters.

Hope you enjoy~!

"People are staring."

"Just ignore them, (M/n)."

"It's a lot more difficult than you think."

Ran and (M/n) were buying groceries while babysitting their favorite mini detective his friends. Everyone else went on with their chat, but the (s/c) male couldn't ignore the whispers as he walked by.

Apparently, they were seen as a young couple who took care of their own children. The attention made him uncomfortable. He didn't see the joy in it just as Shinichi had.

The part about taking care of his own kids wouldn't bother him as much. He actually wouldn't mind babysitting as a part-time job. But assumptions about being in a relationship, especially with Ran, don't do him any justice.

It's not that being with the female would make him barf. The girl was absolutely stunning. He hadn't seen any other girl who could compare to her.

She had a fantastic personality as well. She was considerate of other's feelings, but she wasn't a pushover. The brunette was also capable of taking care of herself, seeing as her father could barely keep them under a roof because of the lack of cases.

Overall, she would be the perfect girlfriend.

But the thing is, the (e/c) eyed teen had never in his life seen her in such a way. He was curious about how relationships functioned (his sister made it sound amazing when he was a child), so he asked his only female friend to help him experiment.

He didn't get the results he wanted, but he liked to think they grew closer because of that.

(M/n) didn't get why that bothered him. He and Ran were simply friends, and it doesn't hurt to occasionally try to imagine both of them as an item. They weren't a match and he was perfectly fine with that.

Shinichi and Ran would be a supreme match made in heaven, that's for sure. He knew all the signs of a crush or a romance in bloom.

It was plain as day they were head over heels with each other. It was so obvious, they might as well wear sweaters saying they were infatuated with each other or something.

Every day, he still wonders why those two aren't going out yet. Or even confessed their undying love for each other. He wanted to scream at the top of his lungs.

Before he could do so, they all stop in the produce section before continuing their conversation.

"Wow, Ran-neechan and (M/n)-niichan know Kudo Shinichi?" Ayumi screamed.

"Y-Yeah, kind of..." Ran's face colored a slight bit. (M/n) gave a humble smile.

"That's so great!"

"I can't believe you know that famous high school detective."

Genta grinned at the older girl, "Maybe he's even your boyfriend?"

On cue, Ran reacted strongly toward the larger child's comment. Nothing out of the ordinary there. But what did strike the mystery fanatic as odd was Conan's reaction. It was in no way shape or form directed towards him, yet he still felt the need to make a point.

While the female interrogated the little boy, the other kids noticed their other babysitter giving their friend a look that terrified all three of them.