Valentine's Day Special

"You know, if you need any help, you can always--"

"For the last time, I don't need you help! I can do this on my own!"

"Are you sure? Cause you look like you're struggling a lot."

Shuichi slowly turned his head toward his mystery-loving friend and leaned closer until the detective flicked the other's forehead. The (h/c) haired male frowned and gently rubbed the same spot his friend's finger flicked.

"What was that for?"

The blue eyed teen crossed his arms and turned his back to the other.

"I just felt like it."

(M/n) sweatdropped and added no further comment, knowing full well how stubborn he could be. He'd be better off talking to a brick wall than a proud Shinichi who doesn't know when to admit to anything other than being right.

(M/n) shrugged, leaving his friend to struggle solving some kind of problem. He wandered his way around the detective's home, hoping to navigate Shinichi's home.

"No matter how many times I come here, I'll never navigate this place correctly."

The mystery-loving male never liked big houses or mansions. He would get lost like a child gets lost in a mall until someone finds him. Open spaces weren't really his thing.

The boy remembered that he and his sister were choosing a home. They decided to move to a different city in hopes of having a new start in an entirely new environment.

The first home that got their attention was a mansion with that seemed to be available. It turned out that it did have a residence and the poor boy ended up lost.

That's how he met Kudo Shinichi.

They despised each other at first. (S/n) and Agasa had to stop them from hurting each other. It continued for a few more minutes until mystery was brought into the mix. They were friends ever since.

He met Ran on his first day of elementary. They clicked right away, getting along and giving the blue eyed boy a hard time.

(M/n) found it odd that he was more excited meeting Shinichi than Ran. Maybe it was that he and the other boy had an undeniable passion for mysteries, and the excitement they feel when solving them.

Or the fact that they can have intellectual conversations, but also joke around. It was never one or the other. That'd be boring.

But he can get along with Ran just as well. She has a father who runs a detective agency, though he wasn't very good at his job.

Why was it easier finding Shinichi's good qualities than Ran's? Don't get him wrong, he can find just as many awful qualities in a heartbeat.

The (s/c) boy found it silly to wonder about something like that, especially since a decade had passed. He figured it was one of those mysteries that needed more than just logic and critical thinking. They weren't really his forte.

He realized that he had spaced out when a shout erupted in the living space. He rushed over there, already forgetting what he was going to do.

It took the poor boy a bit to get there, but he was successful nonetheless.

(M/n) panted, "Shinichi! What's wrong!? What happened!?"

Shinichi slammed his fist on a table and stomped on a piece of paper right before it was able to safely land on the floor.

"Why is this so difficult? It's a simple problem, but I can't seem to get it!"

He stood there for a good amount of time before his face exploded with anger.