18

"Let me get this straight you have a child?" He looked to have been trying to keep himself from blowing up on me. I cant blame him I deserve it. This is something I shouldn't have done.

"Supposedly. I don't remember the night with her. I know I had to have used a condom, the night with Miranda only happened because I haven't seen Auriel in a year and after I heard about her engagement to that Jason guy I got depressed".

"Awe man that's sweet in a way, but why sleep with a thot, you know she prolly terrible in bed".

"Man she alright, but she ain't nothing compared to my fiancée". As I started thinking about it I could feel myself start to rise. I looked down at my pants then back up at Joey.

"Boy stop thinking, get your mind out the gutter. We need to focus on Auriel".

"I am". I knew I had a smirk across my lips, but I couldn't help it.

"Your nasty man. Stop thinking about her in that way, and focus on the fact that you wont ever be able to touch her in that way again if you can never find her".

His harsh words were true and It snatched me out my head. I shook my head and focus on the matter at hand. Auriel was somewhere out there and I have ne idea where.

"Have she mentioned anything to you. Anything at all that could clue me in on where she would have gone. Amy doesn't even know where she is". I had the tone of fear and panic in my voice.

"I have nothing that can really help, if I did I would have spilled by now M, and you know that".

"I understand, well try calling her, she isn't answering me".

AURIEL'S POV

Upon my waking I was in a bed and my arm was wrapped, my blood trickled and stained the bandages on my arm. I sat up on the bed and looked around but couldn't see anyone. Jason walked into the bedroom with bags of food.

He set them down on my bed and I watched as he did so. I smiled lightly as he handed me my phone.

"I turned it back on, I wanted you to see your notifications". He smiled nervously then turned his attention back to the food in bags.

I looked down at my phone but for only a nanosecond the brightness of the screen, my eyes weren't used to it. I threw my phone and just watched Jason. My phone rested behind me ringing and annoying me. I turned the ringer off and stared at Jason.

"I'm glad I found you before it was to late".

"To late?" I questioned

"You slit your wrists.... in my bathroom. You could have died, bled out".

I didn't have any words for him, I was stuck in silent mode. I looked down and placed a hand on my stomach, knowing I had a child. But I didn't feel the need for it be in this cruel world. Where it could get hurt or broken just as I am right now.

All I wanted to do, all I could think about was not being here at all. I wanted to thank Jason for all he'd done for me but I wanted to be hurt. I wanted to end this pain and misery I felt.

He tried feeding me but I denied his advances and just laid back. I tried sleeping but all I could dream about was Michael and the happy things we did together. It got me all depressed and sad. Half past midnight I did the unthinkable. I was so hurt and broken by everything that it clouded my judgement.

I thought I was strong enough to overcome any and everything but this, I just couldn't fight the pain any more. 12:30 in the morning I walked into the bathroom and as quietly as possible I ran a full tub of water. I looked at myself in the mirror and all I could see is a terrible looking human.

I could see where the tears stained my face, the ones from earlier and hours ago. I didn't want to see this girl anymore. At this point I had forgotten all about my pregnancy. All I thought about was Michael. Every happy thought over the last 6 years flooded my brain.

Every thought was like a dagger to my heart.

All the sweet text messages he sent, stabbed my heart

Every time he surprised me and showered me with gifts, another dagger to my heart

All the sex we have had, that's a whole sword through my heart.

Have you ever felt yourself just shutting down inside, have you ever felt heartbreak so bad that you never wanted to leave, you were so depressed that eating didn't seem important. So depressed that the smell of food leaves you disgusted.

To be so sad for so long you never wanna talk, or do any work. That people start to notice your change in attitude. That's how I was feeling right now, the same blade I had found earlier was no longer where I had last left it.

I checked the every cabinet and every drawer. He must have hid it from me, knowing I would probably try it again. I left the bathroom and walked downstairs, the knife block was still there. I grabbed the tiniest one there and made my way back to the bathroom, grabbing my phone.

If I was going to do this I at least had to say goodbye. I called Amy first it would be the least hard to say goodbye to her.

"Hey". I said weakly

"Oh my god Auriel, where have you been its been basically a whole ass day since anyone saw you. Where are you let me come get you".

"No, Amy. I don't want to be gotten. I just called to say goodbye and that you were the best girl-friend I could have ever had".

"Auriel, why are you saying goodbye, your starting to scare me".

"Amy I love you and I'm sorry. Goodbye I love you".

I hung up the phone so fast before I even gave her the slightest chance to say anything. A tear ran down my face as I called Joey.

"BITCHHH, where you been ya boy Mike right next to me hold up in going to put you on speaker"

"Joey don-"

"Baby" I could here Michael say clearly, his voice raspy as if he hadn't sleep in days.

"Joey I don't want to be on speaker I called to talk to you not him". I said holding tears back

"Bitch" Joey said in confusion. "Where are you, why ain't you talking to Michael, he over here lost because he don't even know what he did wrong. Did you um... find out about something you wasn't supposed to.....huh".

"Joey If your trying to get me to admit something on the low, your a terrible hinter. Whatever your trying to get me to admit, you know he know damn well what he did. He has a whole ass family and he lied for only god knows how long about it".

"Baby I'm sorry, I only lied to not hurt you. I didn't mean for you to find out this way"

"Shut up Michael....please". Tears started flowing down my face. It affected the way I was talking. "I was just calling because I wanted to say goodbye, I was going to call Michael last but I guess now is the best time to tell you both".

I took one deep breath and began talking.

"Michael you hurt me beyond words, if only you would have told me then maybe I wouldn't have been as hurt. I'm right about now I'm finished, I'm done with all this pain I'm going through, Joey I love you so much, you were the best thing and friend I have ever had. Michael you know I love you but I can't take this pain anymore. Goodbye Joey, Goodbye Michael its been fun I love you both and I hope you will never forget me". My hand was trembling and I was listening to them try to talk me out of everything. I hung up and started silently crying.

I took the knife and slit my wrists in three different areas on my arms. I sat in the tub and I watched the water overflow out the tub and on the floor. I looked at my wrists and arms and watched the blood leak from me and collide with the water.

The clear water was now pink and then it began to get red. I leaned back and let the knife fall from my hand onto the blood stained floor. I cried and while thinking about everything that made me get to this point.

Everything was starting the get blurry and I smile through the pain. Not from my wrists but the pain from my heart. I kept my smile as everything went black.