32

"Michael it's late and I'm hungry, we need to eat". When I said we I was referring to the baby that was still growing inside me and Sky. He chuckled looking down at his phone.

"You wanna go out or order room service, I mean you already changed into your pajamas". He decided to point out.

"I don't care, this baby wants what it wants".

"What does it want babe". He asked standing

I pulled Sky on my lap and she sat peacefully.

"You hungry baby, what do you want?".

"Mcdonwalds". She cheered

"Yeah that's what we want". I demanded. Michael chuckled and walked towards the door of the hotel.

"Your gonna make me go alone?".

"Noooo". I whined even though I was going to, but since he brought it up it made me seem like a mean person but I'm pregnant I shouldn't have to move right?

I got off the bed looking around for my slides, Sky sat on the bed watching me, like she wasn't gonna have to come with us as well.

"What you looking at, you coming with me". I said sliding on my slides and picking her up. Of course we had on matching lion onesies, Michael was just the odd one out.

I carried her outside the door and down into the cold winter night. I made sure her onesie hoodie was on so she would be nice and warm.

Even still her body trembled in my arms, the cold winds must have seeped through the clothing on her body.

"Michael, my baby is cold. We should have stayed home".

"We are almost there just give it a minute".

He was right McDonald's was around the corner and I practically ran inside, to get my baby out the cold. She continued her shivering even inside the McDonald's and I told Michael I was going on the bathroom so he could order for us.

I only went there to place Sky under the dryer. I used to do this all the time when I was a kid and it was cold outside. I'd take my father's giant coat that swallowed my entire body and waddle into the bathroom trying my best to keep his coat from touching the ground.

I didn't know why Sky wasn't warm she had a big onesie on it should have kept her, it was some slight wind. When she gave a sneeze I knew this was the end of this.

I had let Sky get sick.

"Oh my poor baby". I lifted her up from under the warm hand dryer and carried her out the bathroom.

I walked up behind Michael on the counter, tapping his shoulder lightly, he turned his neck looking at me. "Mike, we need to hurry home I'm calling a cab, Sky's sick". I heard her sniffling in my ear and I started to feel even more compassion for the little girl.

He nodded and I walked over closer to the door calling for a cab, and waiting for it inside. Michael walked over with food and the taxi pulled up just in time and I hurried towards it.

I jumped in back and gave directions back to the hotel, Michael payed for the ride before me resulting in me slapping his arm and jumping out the tacit hurrying back inside the hotel.

I didn't even wait on Michael I just made my way to the elevators and pressed my number floor. Michael caught the elevator just in time jumping inside after me.

"Damn why such a rush". He said a little out of breath.

"My baby is sick, she needs to get warm". I'm pressed the button multiple times. I don't know why I frantically pressed the button like a child. I knew it wasn't gonna make anything move any faster.