52

I made sure I had the invitation tight in my hands. I was nervous for some reason and I didn't know why. Lani could sense it, but she couldn't do anything to stop it. But she did ease my nerves by making cute little baby noises.

I knocked on the door, and waited for what seemed like forever, when she opened the door she looked more shocked then anything.

"Auriel?". Her voice brittle and croaky as if my presence was about to make her cry, I gave her a smile trying my best to keep myself up in appearance. "Is that, her, you gave birth?" I nodded not once saying a word yet.

I honestly didn't know what I was going to say yet, I mean I haven't said a word to Amy in months. The last time she seen me I was about 6 or 7 months pregnant. Sky was with me last time and she didn't get the pleasant side of Amy. The reason I didn't decide to bring her.

I just want the rest of my life to go peacefully, but I can't live peacefully when the woman who took a bullet for me is mad at me.

I honestly believe she meant what she said, stuff like that doesn't just fly out your mouth. Your have to actually mean it. She meant it she does think I'm some weak type of person and I honesty don't really know why I'm here anymore. Me overthinking is having me second guessing my coming here.

"Would you like to come in?"

Again I was lost for words and I just nodded, she shifted her body slightly to the left leaving a opening for me to enter her home. Her normal milky skin was getting worse, she seemed to have been breaking out. Her home seemed smaller than normal, it was more crowded and cramped. I noticed a few lumpy bags slumped in the corner of the room, clothes poking out around the bags.

Either she was planning a move or to take a short break from the city, which a break from the city seems very nice to me right now. Maybe take a little family vacation to the Bahamas, just to travel far from the cities issues. With Miranda being released I didn't want to see her at all.

I'm still in deciding if I want to give her visitation rights to Sky.

"Can I hold her". Those words knocked me out my trace of thought and brought me back into reality. I have to deal with Amy right now.

I nodded and light placed the half sleeping tiny bodied baby in her awaiting outstretched arms.

She cradled Lani close to her chest with a sudden soft demeanor that I have seen a lot of before.

"Hey, Amy". The first words I have said to her in the prolonging minutes I've been in her presence. Her cheerful smile starting forming on the edges of her lips that curved into a smile. Her body language changed and she fixed herself.

"Auriel, I'm....". Her sentenced trailed off, she got the sudden tense tone in voice and she couldn't fix herself to finish off her sentence

"Hey, I just came to give you this". I looked down at the mint green envelope, gold trimmings around the edges. Orderly writing on the front spelling out. 'Come to the wedding'.

I took Lani from Amy giving her the chance to peel open the tightly sealed envelope. I could hear the 'rip..tear' of the paper as she took her time in opening it.

She pulled the card from the inside of envelope reading it over. Her eyeballs flicking over every word.

"Your inviting me to your wedding".

"Look, I don't want to argue with you anymore. I took some time and I realized, your right".

"No Auriel I'm no-"

"Wait!". I took a pause then continued." I have been a little dramatic with my actions and things I have done. I'm so thankful I didn't die, if I did I wouldn't be able to enjoy my bundle of joy in my arms. I wouldn't be able to raise Sky and watch her grow. I wouldn't have given myself the chance to grow myself. I realized I haven't been speaking on my problems. I have just been acting and that's not healthy".

Her eyes flickered from the card and back on me.

"Talking and communication is everything, and I haven't been doing that. I didn't realize that my actions affected My kids, my soon to be husband, my Bestfriend and even you. You made me realize that talking will solve my problems a lot faster and more sufficient than acting crazy.... I want to ask would you forgive me?"

"I want to hug you right now, but I don't want to squish your baby".

"Lani" I exclaimed

"Pardon?"

"Lani Kari Jordan". I said proudly and quickly

"It's a beautiful name, so perfect". She smiled and moved to hold Lani in one arm and gave Amy a one sided hug, the best I could provide at the moment.

"You forgive me?"

"You didn't do anything wrong!" She proclaimed. "It was all me I messed up saying something so mean. I need your forgiveness".

"I forgive you Amy".

~~~~~~

I Sunday afternoon at a dress shop for my wedding dress. I honestly didn't know what to get for the girls.

Who knew what Sky would be willing to wear, she was just a little child and her birthday was around to corner she was about to be 2 and I knew she would start to get mouthy. And also that a big itchy dress would annoy her the entire time and I want her to be comfortable since she was going to have to be in that dress for likely over 5 hours.

Lani on the other hand wouldn't complain much, she wasn't old enough to talk to even complain, but I still didn't want her to be uncomfortable.

So I decided to go ahead and get some silk dresses, nothing to poofy, no ruffled things. Just something fun and girly for the girls.

In the mist of it I collected the very expensive dress, and admired it for a while as if I didn't see it before. I was in awe of the long flowing dress, everything about it was my dream.

So shopping around alone getting dresses that would fit both my kids. Hopefully they wouldn't object to much to it and I would be able to easily get them to wear these dresses.

(So I was thinking should I add some type of visual? For the dresses for the kids and bride? I think so! Let me know)

And sorry for the short and late update!

I have been binge watching Shane Dawson and staying up late, doing work.

Tuns of work to do you know...lol