Pumpkin Carving (Zoro x Reader)

Prompt Three: Carving Pumpkins

---

         "Come on!" you whine as you tug on Zoro's arm. Your boyfriend of eight years continues to look straight ahead as you continue to beg him. "You promised we could do something fun after you ditched me last date night!"

         "I didn't ditch you! I just got lost," Zoro huffs while he allows you to drag him down the street. "And why pumpkin carving? That's child's play, (Y\N)." You puff your cheeks slightly as you look to the ground.

         "I just wanted to do something cute, you know? And since you've been so busy recently, I know you wouldn't like something that takes a lot of energy..." You sigh before sending him an apologetic smile. "We can watch a movie or something, it's fine." You look away from him (mostly to hide your smirk), while Zoro sighs quietly.

         "Fine, since we can do it at home."

         "Really? Yes, thank you so much!" you cheer as you hug his arm. "I promise it'll be fun, okay?"

         "Yeah yeah," Zoro huffs (while trying to hide his blush, one might add), and intertwines his fingers with yours. "Let's go buy those stupid pumpkins."

         "Let's get big ones!"

         "Yeah."

---

         "Alright!" you cheer as you and your boyfriend sit in your apartment. Two giant pumpkins sit in front of you, as well as many carving knives. "So first we gotta gut the pumpkins," you hum as you pick up a larger knife.

         "Sounds messy... And like something out of a horror film." You respond by sticking your tongue out at him before picking your pumpkin up (with some difficulty).

         "I hate to say it, but you're right. It's really messy," you chuckle as you carry it into your bathroom. "Come on, Zoro!"

         "Co-"

         "And don't get lost!"

         "I'm gonna carve you instead," Zoro growls as you laugh, though Zoro follows while carrying his pumpkin (rather than a knife). Once the two of you are inside your bathroom, you set the pumpkins down and grin.

         "You ready to act out a slasher film?"

         "Bring it, woman."

---

         You wince as you look at the mess, and then to the pumpkin guts covering your sweater (actually, you're positive this is one that you've stolen from Zoro). Your boyfriend doesn't look much better considering he has the guts in his hair.

         "We really made a mess..."

         "You wanted to carve pumpkins," he reminds you as you puff out your cheeks.

         "Admit it, this is fun!"

         "I'm not admitting to anything." You continue to glare halfheartedly at him before dropping your head and groaning.

         "Fine, but you'll come around soon enough."

         "And why is that?"

         "Because now it's time for the fun part!" you grin and you wipe off your pumpkins and nod. "Come on, I even got markers for us to plan the faces out!"

         "You just cut triangles and a smile, don't you?"

         "Well, if you wanna be boring about it," you huff with a pout. "Bet I'll come up with a really cool face while you get something lame."

         "Oh really?"

         "Really!" The two of you glare at each other before laughing. "Alright, Roronoa. I challenge you to a carve-off!"

         "Fine by me, (L\N)."

---

         "Alright, turn the pumpkin around in three... Two..."

         "One," Zoro finishes as you turn them to reveal the drawn on faces (for round one, you had claimed). As soon as you set your eyes on Zoro's pumpkin, you're lost in a fit of laughter.

         "Oh my god," you wheeze, "Did you get Luffy to draw it for ya?" Zoro's face becomes bright red as he growls.

         "Still better than yours!"

         "At least you can tell mine's a face!" you grin as you open an eye to look up at your boyfriend. When you see his pout you sigh and lean up, placing a kiss on his cheek. "You can always win the next round," you hum as Zoro huffs and picks up a knife... Or three?

         "You're on," he smirks as he places one knife in his mouth, while holding the other two in his hands. You blink before laughing more, though you grab one of your own and nod.

         "Fine, ya' big dork."

---

         You wince as you look at your pumpkin; it was certainly prettier in ink rather than carving. It's eyes are far from symmetrical, and one of the eyes connects to the too-wide smile... At least Zoro couldn't have done much better.

         "You finished wiping off the ink?"

         "Yeah, you?"

         "Yep..." you look at the pumpkin again before looking at Zoro. "You ready?"

         "You go first."

         "What? Why?"

         "You won the last round, so it's only fair." You huff but nod; it's only fair... With a deep breath you turn the pumpkin and watch as Zoro brings a hand to his face to muffle his laughter.

         "Look, I know it's bad," you admit with a huff, "So come on. Show me yours." Zoro chuckles before raising a finger.

         "You close your eyes so you can get the full effect." You raise a brow and watch as he smirks. "This is art, you need time to prepare." You roll your eyes and chuckle before holding your palms over your eyes.

         "Happy?"

         "Yeah," he agrees as you hear him turn the gourd. "Alright, hang on."

         "Can't change it anymore," you remind him, though he scoffs at your comment. "Can I look now?"

         "Go for it." Once he consents, you remove your hands and look, expecting to see a mangled mess... But you get something far different.

         'Will you be my wife?' reads the pumpkin, and a little black box sits on top of it. A hand comes to your open mouth as you stand, making Zoro rub the back of his head nervously.

         "Too little?"

         "No..."

         "...No?"

         "It's perfect, Zoro," you admit as tears roll down your cheeks. Within seconds you have him on the ground as you pepper his face with kisses.

         "So you'll marry me?"

         "Of course, ya' big doofus," you laugh and you bury your face against his neck.

         "I got quite the prize for winning," Zoro smirks as his hands rest on your hips. You send your boyfriend... No, your FIANCE, a look before pulling him into a kiss. Who knew that carving pumpkins could end up like this?