Sabo x Reader

Rip and now they're getting shorter

---

          "So he was here?"

         "Ah? Hello, Sir," you whisper, smiling at your boss. Dragon glances at Sabo, who has his head on your lap then looks at the many empty bottles surrounding the two of you (That you, for the record, did not touch in the slightest).

         "Ace again?"

         "Yeah..." You run your fingers through his blonde hair and sigh. "He just started crying... And I... I couldn't do anything to help. I could only listen..." A frown appears on your lips, and Dragon shakes his head.

         "Sometimes that's all you can do for a person..." Sabo's arm wraps around you, and you blush slightly at the sign of affection... Even if he is passed out in an alcohol induced sleep.

         "Dragon?"

         "Yes?"

         "I... Do you think..." You trail off, trying to think of how to phrase your next question. "Do you think... I'm actually helping him...? At all...?" Dragon watches you for a moment before giving you a smile.

         "I think you're helping him more than you know, (Y\N)." You smile at the thought and glance down at Sabo, who hugs you tighter and nuzzles your stomach. Your hand rests against his cheek as you relax.

         "Thank you, Sir."

         "Thank you, (Y\N), for staying by his side."