White

White. Everything was white. He squeezed his eyes shut and wrapped his arms around himself. Gregor could barely keep up with all the air that was invading his lungs. He tried to straighten his legs, fighting against the air resistance. That would be the safest way to land, wherever he landed.

Then his body hit the surface, like it was concrete, but instead he fell in it, the air in his lungs was suddenly replaced with water and the white fog was replaced with clear blue water. Water. He fell in water. He immediately closed his mouth. The adrenaline he got from the fall allowed him to swim forward. The water was cold and numbing. He emerged from the water and devoured as much oxygen as he could with sharp gasps. The fog was no longer blocking his view; it was high above him now. Gregor could see that they fell in a narrow river. Several heads popped up from beneath the water, but their numbers were less than before. A shiver ran through Gregors body at the thought.

"Greg!" Abe was swimming towards him from behind, a worried look on his face "Are you alright?"

Gregor nodded and said "We need to check if the others are okay."

Abe swam past Gregor and Gregor followed, looking around to see if there was anyone in need of help. He caught the sight of an old man, struggling to stay afloat. He quickly swam towards him and held him, but he wasn't strong enough to hold a full grown body. He summoned his arm to provide him with extra strength and wrapped it around his torso; he dragged the man across the water.

He looked around, and dread settled when he couldn't see Aden anywhere. He gave the old man to Abe and started swimming around frantically trying to spot Aden. "Aden!" He screamed, eyes darting in every direction "Aden!"

That's when he saw a body, face down, floating on the surface of the water. He gasped and swam quickly to the body, recognising the dark locks. He turned the body around and his heart dropped. It was Aden. His eyes closed and his body unmoving. Gregors eyes welled up with tears and without thinking; he dragged Aden across the river, grunting at his heaviness, his vision blurry from the tears.

He laid him on the grass and placed two fingers on his neck, but his fingers were shaking from the cold water, he couldn't tell if there was a pulse. "Alan! Come here, please!" he said with a brittle voice.

Alan ran to where Aden lay and crouched down. He was calmer than Gregor, placing two fingers gently against Aden's neck. Gregor looked anxiously at Alan, waiting for some type of reaction. Alan looked at him with wide eyes "No pulse." He muttered. Gregor panicked.

He then placed the heel of one hand at the centre of his chest and put the other hand on top. He pressed his hands down firmly several times and put his fingers at his neck again. That's when he smiled. The pulse was back. Aden sucked in a sharp breath before coughing out a load of water. He started wheezing and coughing uncontrollably, trying to inhale all the oxygen. He sat up abruptly and coughed some more, holding his throat agony. "What happened?" He wheezed.

"You died, then you lived." Alan smirked, then tackled Aden into a hug. "Gregor here saved you." Aden looked at Gregor confused.

"Saved me? This little scamp?" He smirked at Gregor.

"You should be grateful." Gregor scowled, then broke into a grin and tackled Aden into a hug. "Alan was actually the one who saved you."

Alan shrugged and stood up. "Come on, we need to get going."

Gregor found it harder to stand up, his clothes were still wet and his hair was dripping. He outstretched his hand for Aden to grab onto. "Let's go."

-----------------------------------

I know its a short chapter, but I hope you still like it! Please comment and vote! ^_^