Flaws

"VENKALTH!" venkalth turned his head, smirking at the person calling his name, Edmund was furious, his eyes red and his veins visible on his forehead "You will pay for this!"

"Edmund, do you know what your biggest flaw is? You never learn from your mistakes, you're always too proud to notice them," Venkalth said calmly "If this doesn't teach you, then I don't know what will,"

"I thought you and your kind would disappear forever!"

"And that's where it all started, Edmund, you thought we would just forgive and forget,"

"I knew you would come back, as soon as Cedric mentioned magic!" Edmund growled.

"Oh? Cedric is a good man, I don't know how he ended up on your side,"

"He's not! Everyone in the kingdom knows that Cedric hates my guts, you planned this with him!"

"No, he found me and asked me to spare the kingdom, he is a real leader, he cares for his people more than he cares for his wealth and image, you could learn a thing or two from him," Venkalth said.

"You can't beat me Venkalth, my dragon is bigger and stronger than yours," Edmund scowled.

"That is true, but we have two dragons. How about we see?" and with that Zaveo flew high up beyond the clouds, flapping his large icy wings.

Edmund craned his neck, squinting, trying to see where he went. Zander and Lazarus also flew up, both dragons were out of sight. That is, until they came rushing down like arrows from the sky, Edmunds eyes widened and before he could move away, both Zaveo and Zander breathed fire and ice at Gurra. Gurra squealed in pain, and thrashed in the sky, trying to use her wings to cover the king on her back.

"Gurra move!" Edmund yelled, panic was starting to overcome him and all he could hear beneath him was the sound of swords against flesh, the sound of metal clashing, the sound of people choking out their last breath. He could also see that the black cloaked magicians were moving forward, like black was drowning silver.

"Do you see what's happening? Don't worry though, I ordered my men not to harm any civilians," Venkalth yelled from behind him, before his dragon spewed a breath of burning ice at Gurra.

Edmund had had enough, he ordered his dragon to fly away, using their trick to stay out of sight before an attack. His eyes glowed green, Gurra swooped her wings across the capital, heading straight for the two dragons, she inhaled deeply, then she opened her large jaw and ejected a lime-green flame that reached far enough to strike the two dragons.

This caused Lazarus to fall off Zander's back, but Zander was quick to flap his wings and catch him before he fell.

The sound of a loud horn filled the large battlefield, all three men turned around. Venkalth's eyes widened, he grit his jaw in rage, Lazarus gasped and Edmund's eyes glinted in victory. An additional four thousand men appeared from behind the hills, their banners painted with a red mark and Edmund immediately knew who it was. Hayden Ross, the master of Thronna.

"Retreat!" Venkalth yelled to his people, his hands shaking, he was furious so angry he wished he could just burn everything down but he didn't want to harm the civilians, "RETREAT!" and Lazarus blew the horn.

-----------------------------------------------

"Hayden, you scared them away!" Edmund said, clapping his friend on the back.

Hayden laughed deeply "I barely did anything, I'm sorry I didn't come earlier, you lost many of your men,"

"They tricked me, I was a fool for not thinking this through, they will return, I know it," Edmund said.

"Why didn't you tell anyone of your plan? Not even Cedric?"

"I didn't want to risk it, there are spies everywhere." Edmund put his hand on Hayden's shoulder "It's good to see you my friend, you never visit,"

"I've been busy with some duties, why don't you show me that son of yours huh?" he smiled at Edmund.

Edmund turned to one of the guards "Make sure to bury everyone, and bring everyone safely to their homes, check on the prisoners,"

-------------------------------------

Dyron jumped down the last rock and patted the dust off his hair, he looked at Darren and smiled "Thank you, Darren"

"You're welcome sir, it seems like the battle has ended. Hey are your hands alright?"

"A little scuffed, nothing too bad, I just need to wash them on the lake," they both washed their hands at the lake and walked around it so that they were away from the capital's land. "Now I just need to find my wife and daughters,"

"I'll stay with you, I can't go back to the castle now," Darren smiled.

"Very well, let's go,"

------------------------------------

As soon as Sam, his mother, Ada and her daughters left the house, the guards broke the door down. Celia held her Grandmother's hand and walked her through the alleys.

"I guess we have to make our way to the woods," Same said.

"The Stygian forest?!" Celia gasped.

"No, the small wooden land I hunt in, it'll be safe there for a while,"

---------------------------------------------

What do you think? 

Vote and comment!