disappointed

Celia rolled her eyes, she could see Laina blushing as Evindal showed her how he used his rod of the python. She couldn't be more obvious, her face was bright red like a blooming rose, her eyes were bright with admiration, her finger twirled through a strand of her golden brown hair. Celia sniggered slightly when she looked at Eroan who was also looking at them in disbelief. His eyes were narrowed and he was shaking his head slightly as his arms crossed over his chest.

Celia shifted closer to Eroan, bumping into him and disturbing his thoughts "Those two are quite obvious aren't they?" she said, smiling.

"Yes, when did they get so close?" Eroan muttered. "Though I can't blame him, your sister really is a beauty,"

"Hey! What about me?" Celia nudged him with her elbow.

He scratched the back of his head sheepishly and laughed nervously "Don't tell her this, but I think you'll grow up to be more beautiful than her," he smiled and ruffled her hair.

Celia's eyes brightened with glee, she grinned from ear to ear and slapped him on the arm playfully.

Eroan flinched "That was painful!"

"Are you two done wasting time?" Evindal's serious voice suddenly got so near.

Eroan raised an eyebrow "Are we supposed to be doing something?"

"We're supposed to be training Eroan, we have a serious battle to fight," Evindal placed his hands on his hips.

"Alright mother!" Eroan mocked and Celia laughed.

------------------------------------------

Though the night sky was dark, the world was bright with snow. The wind whistled through the trees, blowing off any remaining leaves, preparing the trees for a new beginning, shedding them off their sorrows and dreams, shedding them off the life they've lived so far, for when summer came, a new life began. Gregor hoped it would be the same for him, he hoped that when summer came, everything would finally be over, all the pain and memories, all the darkness in his head would finally fade. He hoped, but he never anticipated because it may never happen.

Gregor's cheeks were rosy from the chilly winds, his short hair was sprinkled with snow, his eyes were fixed on the tiny stars above him.

The others had explained to him that he had completely lost control, the thought scared him because he couldn't remember any of it. He kept the bottle of turquoise water close, he couldn't risk another incident.

"Do you ever wonder what they're doing?" Julian's voice stopped his train of thought.

"I do... I wonder if Laina is doing well, I wonder if Celia is still smiling, I wonder if mother is still making her delicious soup, I wonder if father is somewhere chopping wood," Gregor said, looking at the brightest star in the sky.

"We'll see them again... one day, we will,"

Gregor hummed in response.

"I sat with Alan the other day, he told me all about you. He told me how timid you were when they first met you, you were afraid of your own shadow," Julian chuckled deeply "I see you've changed a lot, I haven't seen you smile, not once," Julian looked at Gregor who was still admiring the sky, "Gregor, I don't want you to lose hope, we're finally getting somewhere, we finally have a direction, sooner or later this war will take place and in the end there is only one winner...and that is fate,"

"...fate..." Gregor echoed his brother's words, he closed his eyes and lay on the soft snow.

----------------------------------------------------

"Alright we'll do it here in the dungeons, we don't want them free yet," Edmund said. He cuffed his sleeves and walked into the cell where the cursed women stood.

Rogerus passed him a dusty old book, Edmund scoffed when he saw the golden symbols on the black book "I haven't used this in fifteen years," He smiled bitterly then looked at the women who were all in a huddle, their eyes frightened of what was to come "Do you know what this is?" He asked them, caressing the book "This is the book of dark magic, given to me by my father, the greatest, but darkest sorcerer... well, he was, but I guess the title's mine now?" he shrugged.

He opened the book, and coughed as the pages sprayed dust all over his face "Now, let me just find that page..." he murmured to himself.

The women looked at each other confused.

"Since, you already have some monster blood in you... it'll be easier to..." he was busy turning the pages.

"...Easier to?" Isabella said.

"I suppose I'll just demonstrate," his eyes scanned the women, one by one, making them avert their eyes in fear, except Isabella, who stared back, "I'll start with you." he pointed at his daughter. Rogerus's eyebrows lifted at Edmund's blunt choice.

Rogerus walked to Isabella, his large body casting a shadow over the women. He reached to grab Isabella, but she ducked and ran behind him.

"Leave me!" she yelled.

"Oh dear daughter, I was excited when your mother was pregnant with you, I thought you were a boy, I thought I would finally have an heir, but to be blunt, I was disappointed when you came out," He walked to his daughter and stroked her hair "Pity... What a great son you would make..." with every word he said, his hand tightened around her hair.

"I found the page," he smirked.

---------------------------------------------------------

Just to clarify, nothing is going on between Eroan and Celia, they're just friends and she's too young for him :)