survivor

A large golden gate was what separated them from the dark, foggy forest. The golden bars of the gate were twisted into different geometrical shapes, giving it a unique and distinct appearance. Its golden bars shone in the light, casting a reflection on their faces as they stared in awe.

Gregor laid on the grass, too exhausted to move anything, too tired to open his eyes. The rest were also in a worn-out state, trying to catch their breath as they stared at the clear sky. Gregor felt a tear slip past his eye, he couldn't believe it, he couldn't believe that they survived. He wiped the tear with a dirt-covered palm and sniffed as he tried to hold back the tears.

"You crying?" Aden asked.

"No, it's just the sun or something in my eye, I honestly don't know Aden," he turned to look at Aden who was also in a heap on the ground and his eyes widened "Are you crying?"

"Yes, yes I am," Aden sobbed

Gregor's lips broke into a smile, he turned his head to look at the others who were frozen in deep thought or tending to their wounds. He sighed, only six of them survived.

"We should rest here before moving on, I don't think any of us can move right now," Alan said. Everyone nodded in agreement.

-----------------------------------

"My king, Cedric has sent a message saying that danger is coming from the west,"

"Didn't we agree that we will not listen to his blatant lies?"

"I apologise, but it seems like he was urgent, he sent this message three times,"

"Let us focus on the ceremony now," Edmund rose from the throne and walked to his wife's chambers where she was putting Arlie to sleep. "Are you done taking care of him?"

"Yes I fed him," Della said, her eyes filled with sadness as she watched the king take her child from her arms.

"I'll be taking him now, when I need to feed him I'll bring him back," Edmund said with stone cold eyes.

-----------------------------------

Felton scrambled up suddenly, he rushed to the gates and gripped its bars tightly with both hands. He gasped and everyone stared at him alarmed.

"What is it?" Rowan asked.

"Someone is coming!" Felton said, and everyone stood up and looked at the other end of the gate where the forest was still glowering at them. And in the distance, they could see someone running towards them, but behind that person was a Dethien, crawling behind him with increasing speed. The man was struggling to walk, dragging his injured leg across the grass.

"He won't make it,"

"We have to help him!" Rowan said.

"I know him, he's Gil!" Felton said, his knuckles turning white from the strength of his grip. "I have to go!" and as he was struggling to open the gate, Alan pulled him back.

He looked at him dead in the eye, "If you go out there, you won't make it," Alan said, his voice calm and serious.

Felton knew this was true, but he felt bad knowing that his friend Gil might not make it unless a miracle happened.

And that's when it did. They all watched as a figure emerged from behind the Dethien and over his back, they watched as he dug his sword deep into the top of his head. Rowan quickly took out his bow and an arrow and shot the moving Dethien in its red eye. Gil turned around in that moment, he lifted his blade up and fired it at the Dethien's other eye, all while running away.

The Dethien gave a last growl and slumped to the ground. The man on top of the Dethien slid down and rushed to Gil and helped him to the gate.

"Hey, that's Vince!" Rowan said.

They opened the gates and let them in. They both collapsed to the ground and started sobbing.

"I thought that was the end for me," Gil muttered

"me too," Vince said.

----------------------------------------------

After a long rest, they decided to start moving.

"Greg, here take this," Alan said, passing Gregor an eye patch.

"Thank you," Gregor placed the patch over his eye and around his head.

"Got it from that village we went to, we don't want to seem suspicious to the people here, especially since we might not get treated nicely at first, we should set a good first impression,"

"Yeah we should," Gregor said.

They walked on the grass, up a hill that covered the landscape behind it, and once they reached the top their mouths hung open.

"This is amazing!" Aden said, his black hair blowing all over his face from the strong winds.

Before them, a landscape so dreamlike, so fantastical, laid across the land. The largest lake Gregor had ever seen sat in front of a row of icy mountains, one mountain, in particular, was the tallest and had a needle-sharp peak that extended to the clouds. However, the mountain was no ordinary mountain, it was carved into some sort of incredibly large ice castle, topped with beautiful towers and fortresses, and decorated with intricate designs of carved ice and gleaming snow that reflected the suns rays. Flowing down the mountains were streams of blue water that turned to waterfalls and dripped into the lake. What caught Gregor's eyes the most were the enormous birds that were flying across the clear blue sky, cawing and squawking over their heads. An array of towers and building decorated the base of the mountains, Gregor could barely tell what they were, their distance seemed infinite, but Gregor could enjoy strolling along the side of the lake with no trees covering the light of the sun.

"Aigronyth, smaller than I thought," Finn said clinging to Felton's back.

"I don't think this is all of it, I think Aigronyth is really behind the mountains," Alan said.

"Then let's get going, we still have a long way," Rowan said, stretching his arms over his head and sighing loudly.

"Hey Finn, can I roll you down this hill? You'll get there faster," Felton said.

Finn smacked him on the back of his head, "That's very funny," he deadpanned and both Aden and Felton broke into a laugh.

Gregor looked at the surviving seven men and smiled, his journey started now, this is where he will find out about the secret that had been on his mind since Darren spoke to him, he had to find out why his brother was here, why his father had been taken away, why there was a secret in the first place, and he will help his friends on the way. 

--------------------------------------------------------

Eight survivors! but what will happen next? Stay tuned to find out!

Lol anyway how are you guys finding this story so far? Are you liking the direction its taking or no? Did I rush the forest part? Or do you think they spent enough time there? idk talk to me! 

If you enjoyed this chapter, vote, comment and share with your friends (if you think its worth it)