29. mind warp

"Harry?" Louis called. He knocked on the door but no one answered.

Louis sighed and knocked a second time, his knuckles hitting harshly against the white doorframe. When no responded once again, he decided to just let himself inside. Harry told him to come over at 5 anyways and the door was partly ajar. Open invitation, right?

When Louis entered the house, he started to head to Harry's room without much of a second thought. But something shiny caught his eye in the corner of the living room, causing him to turn in his tracks.

Tiny white shards of glass littered the ground in the corner of the room, encircling the remnants of a broken rum bottle. Louis blinked and examined the glass shards before carefully stepping over them and heading off to the kitchen.

As soon as he entered the room, he wished he hadn't.

"Niall?" Louis asked, a look of horror spreading across his face as he took in the scene around him.

"I won't go! You can't make me!" Niall shouted as he threw another bottle. His eyes were eerily wide and his face was distorted into a horrifying frown.

"Niall - calm down," Louis said. He rushed over to him, trying his best to dodge the flying bottle.

Niall ignored Louis and turned around to grab something else out of the cupboard to throw.

"Fuck," Louis muttered. He darted behind Niall, grabbing him harshly by the waist.

"You're going to hurt yourself," he said sternly. "It's me Louis. You're not in Moscow."

"Fucking liar," Niall grunted. He struggled against Louis' grip, elbowing him in the shoulder.

"Calm down, shh," Louis said, trying a gentler approach this time.

"You can't fuck me," Niall screamed, turning to face Louis.

"Wait what?" Louis asked, raising an eyebrow. "I'm not.... "

"You always fuck me. I never want to but you hold me down! You're a monster," Niall shouted. He gave Louis a disturbing look, his mouth quivering.

"I don't... Niall, were you raped?" Louis questioned.

"What kind of question is that?" Niall spat. "You did the raping. I always had to pretend it was my best friend just to get through it..."

"WHAT?" Louis asked. He released Niall now and the Irish lad fell onto the ground, staring vehemently at Louis.

"Harry?" Louis asked softly.

"How do you know his name?" Niall asked. He blinked, looking down at the blood that was now oozing from his hand. He must have landed on broken glass.

"I'm... his neighbor," Louis replied.

Niall's mouth fell open and he stared at Louis, recognition slowly reentering his face.

"Oh fuck," he whispered. "I had an episode?"

Louis nodded meekly and offered Niall a hand to get up.

"I... Harry. Don't tell him," Niall stammered. "I wasn't being serious."

"Okay," Louis replied. "Sure, I won't tell him. I just..."

"What?" Niall asked. His face turned bright red as he followed Louis' gaze down to his crotch, which was bulging prominently.

Niall covered the area with his hands and stood up quickly before sprinting off to his room.

When Harry entered the house a few minutes later, he found Louis sitting on the couch, eyes glazed over.

"Hey, babe. Sorry I went down the street to grab a newspaper," Harry said, folding up his long legs as he took a seat next to Louis. "You look spooked. What happened?"