Chapter 12

Cough! Cough! "Ugh, what the hell is going on here? What have I gotten myself into?" Sans rubbed his skull, feeling a migraine coming to rest in his head. "Aw, dammit, not now." He groaned as he stumbled around, trying to make something of his surroundings. Sans's glowing white dots of eyes scanned the area encircling him; he could see a faint light at the far end of the room he was in. Oh, wait, I know, this must be one the secret tunnels that was built all those years ago for faster travel. I remember Katy talking about some amalgamate escaping into the system just 3 weeks after they were finished, so they had to shut them down for good. Or at least until the amalgamate was evacuated. Hm, I wonder if it's still here... Sans trailed his phalanges across the rugged walls of the passage as he walked, feeling the sharp edges of chipped rocks. The tunnel was very old and dank and held an hoary, musty smell to it. It was so deserted and unused, Sans could literally see the dust that had collected in there floating around as he kicked it up from the ground and walls. Needless to say, it made it very difficult to breathe properly.

       Cough! Cough! It's so horrible in here; it's dusty, and it's dark and it reeks. I cannot wait to get the hell out of here. Sans' eyebrows furrowed as he continued to look around the tunnel; he saw there was writing engraved into the walls. He began reading the engraved writing in the walls: Day 234, Smith lost his leg today while digging. A huge rock fell near from where he was digging, catching his leg with its fall. I'm sure he's gonna lose it. It's completely crushed. "Yeesh," Sans shuddered as he started to walk away, passing more inscriptions similar to that one. He didn't bother to read all of them, but some of them did catch his eye. The skeleton had submerged himself into the inscriptions and the wholeness of the tunnel before feeling something eerie squirming up his spine. Suddenly, Sans stiffened. He felt as if a pair of eyes were burning two holes into his back, like someone, no something, was right behind him in his every movement. The small monster felt his non-existent stomach drop and twist uncomfortably. Slowly, and then all at once, Sans turned around to look behind him. Nothing. He could have sworn there was someone behind him, watching his every move. Sans shook his head to clear his mind like shaking an Etch-A-Sketch to clear the screen, and kept moving along.

        Typically, Sans would've been over this boring and long route and would've cut it short by teleporting to wherever he was heading, but right about then, he wasn't feeling the strongest. His chest felt suppressed and constricted, as if 25 bricks were stacked upon his sternum, weighing him down. His breaths were shallow and quick, and he found it hard to focus through his migraine. Sans raised his hands to his chest as he leaned against the wall nearest to him, keeping them at bay while he struggled to breathe. His throat felt like it was getting tighter and tighter, everything was blurry and he couldn't focus and he felt like he was falling until- THUMP! "Oof! Uhhhnnnnn.... Damn..." Sans opened his eye-sockets. The floor was closer to his face then he had remembered last. "Oh, wait, I fell." Sans rolled his eyes, embarrassed, but started to laugh at himself as a smile found its way across his face.

      "Wow, I uh- That was strange..." Picking himself up from laying on the dirty floor, Sans rubbed his temples vigorously, still a bit dazed. Hm, that's never really happened before... at least not the falling part. A tear fell from his eye-socket randomly, though he wasn't particularly sad. "Huh?" He wiped the tear from his cheekbone, studying it. Why in the world am I crying? I mean, I don't remember being sad. Sans later realized his eye-sockets were watering from not being able to breathe. After drying his face and dusting himself off, Sans took a deep, clear, breath - though it wasn't really that clear because of the dust floating around- and put one foot in front of the other, making his way out of the tunnel.

        "AHAHAHAHAHA! Oh, Frisk, you've really done it this time~!" Flowey sang out. Frisk shuddered, feeling very uneasy. She didn't like where this was going, and frankly, she didn't want to know where it stopped. What does Flowey even want from me? I have nothing to give. Well, that is, except for my soul, but God knows I'm not giving that up. Frisk's small, glowing face contorted into a grimace as Flowey slid in closer to her face, ready to pound her with more 'convincing' arguments. "So, I suppose you're waiting for that ignorant skeleton to get here and save your butt, huh? Well guess what sister, he's got another coming if he thinks that I'm that stupid." Flowey chuckled."Oh ho ho, the things I could do to him are endless, which means, endless fun til the end!" Flowey threw his head back in a fit of laughter. The small human on the other hand, was not impressed. In fact, she was very scared at that point. 'The things I could do to him are endless'? Oh God, what does that even mean? What does it mean for poor Sans? Frisk whimpered under her breath at the thought, shrinking away from the cackling flower.