Chapter 13 - Part One

The bloom enclosed the small, feeble, monster in its gripping glare. Sans shook his head, wiping the terrified look off of his skull and replacing it with a more serious look of disgust. "Ugh, wouldja just let her go already, I'm telling ya, I've had enough of these stupid, little, ga- Ahh!" The flower seized Sans's hand that he raised to pull the vines off of Frisk's chest and tugged him forward into the middle of the floor. Frisk was also pulled at bay to watch as the flower's vines danced around with Sans. They started at a waltz. "And just who do you think you are, going around and mucking up our plan? Please, do tell, do tell, Mr. Skeleton." The Forgotten began in that low, demonic, and commanding voice again, though it seemed that the monster had lost his character, his flair, his personality. He took himself and the situation at hand more seriously now, making sure to shake some fear into the both of Sans and Frisk. Sans growled again, becoming ruthless and annoyed with the way the vine dragged him around like a toy. "Mr. Skeleton, have you lost your voice, has the cat gotten your tongue, or do we need to find your voice for you?" The entity leaned into Sans's face, breathing down his neck. Sans's chest began to softly glow again. "What do you want from her," Sans said in an unsteady tone. The flower spun Sans out into the middle of the hall again, whipping him this way and that way.

        The waltz they were dancing started to speed up, the footwork, more complicated and intense. "We like you, Sans. You know that? We think you have quite the personality." 

"What do you mean w-" 

        "We like the way you fight us. The way you fight for her." The being grinned, flashing many knife-like teeth. The dance quickened, Sans barely keeping up. The vine that held him started to crawl all around his body of bones. "H-hey, wait, I-" 

        "How far do you think you're gonna get, huh? How are you gonna save the girl and yourself? How do you expect to defeat us? How long do you expect to survive?" The dance stopped mid-step for extra drama. That last question truly did shake Sans to the core though, and he didn't like the thought of it at all. In fact, he dreaded it, like an impending doom. The dance left Sans breathless and dizzy, so he closed his eye sockets in an attempt to focus and regroup himself. "Stop." Sans ordered, cementing his feet to the floor in a wide and ready stance. He pulled for his hand to raise in front of him to fight back, but the vines were tightly wound around his waist and his arms, pinning his arms to his body. "No..." The skeleton breathed, still trying to catch his breath. "Yes." The flower breathed. Sans grunted, pulling away from the flower's deathly grip, he could feel the vines constricting around his small, trembling body. "Hm. You won't make it long, we can tell. Such a shame, we really expected more from you. Your thick headedness will prove you wrong; you think you can escape us and get out of here alive? Wrong. We will get what we came here for."

        The monster sneered into Sans, pulling the vines taught around him. Sans on the other end was squirming and grimacing in pain, trying to weasel his way out of the trap. Frisk watched from the sidelines as Sans struggled to be freed and watched as The Forgotten led Sans to his demise. She felt a faint burning sensation as her heart raced in her chest, adrenaline flowed through her veins while her eyes watered. "Sans, no... " She whispered through her enclosing throat that had tightened from her tears. The burning sensation grew with intensity, lighting her chest a brilliant red. The iridescent red slowly consumed her chest and became brighter with each passing second. "Ack!" The Forgotten jumped and dropped Frisk, the vines that held her hostage smoking and black. "Huh? Frisk?" Sans breathed, barely conscious. The vines loosened slightly around Sans's body, letting him breathe decently. Frisk, high on adrenaline, sprinted to Sans with no hesitation while the flower examined his injured vines with curiosity. "Kid, no... Stop. He's gonna catch ya' again..." Sans felt a bit dreary due to his high levels of stress, which drained his health slowly as well.