Chapter 4.

"Every love starts with a great story." -The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks.

I flick my eyes open and feel something heavy on my stomach. My head is resting against a heaving board and I am in a sitting position with my legs in front of me. My laptop is sitting on my bed with a black screen. I look around to see Niall's hand around my torso and my head on his chest. His hot breath fans against my shoulders, which sends a chill down my spine. I suddenly squirm out of his grip and messily try to climb off of the bed. Resulting in my quick and not so subtle movement, Niall stirs awake. He rubs his eyes with the back of his hand before opening them wide, realisation hitting him.

"I fell asleep." It is more of a statement than a question. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep. I thought that I'd go after finishing the movie, but I was so tired that I didn't realise when I fell asleep. I really didn't mean to intrude-"

"It's okay, Niall." I cut off his rambling, knowing that he didn't have bad intentions and that it was just a mere accident.

"Yeah?" He inquires, looking sceptical.

"Yeah," I nod.

"I think I should go. It's already after six," He mutters, glancing at his phone. He scrambles off the bed promptly and fumbles with his shoes.

"Can you stay?" I blurt out before thinking and mentally facepalm myself. Why the hell did I say that? Yes, I did mean it because I don't want to be alone. All I wanted is his company in the middle of nowhere, but I don't want him to think that he is obliged to.

"Are you sure?" He asks and I nod once. "Yes, O'course, then." He replies and I look at him bewildered since I didn't expect him to say yes. I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't such a quick yes.

"Thank you." I smile shyly.

"Well, I needed a company too." He returns my smile, stuffing his hands in his pocket.

"Movie?" I suggest and he grins.

"Not another Disney, please?" He rolls his eyes, but there's a faint smile on his lips.

"How about some sappy rom-com?" I ask with furrowed eyebrows.

He nods. "Okay."

We hop on the bed and start 'The Notebook'. Niall claims that he has seen it too many times and that he doesn't want to watch it. "Please?" I ask with a puppy face and he huffs.

We get comfortable on the bed, setting the laptop between us. Halfway through the movie, I am already in tears. They are rolling down from the corner of my eyes as I try not to sniffle. My cheeks are completely stained with salty water and a sob escapes my mouth. Niall turns to look at me and sighs. He pauses the movie and, hesitantly, pulls me to his chest. I don't argue. He wraps his arms around me and it feels nice and I feel kind of protected. "Why do you even watch these movies?" He asks in a mocking tone as his lips twitch up in a mocking and playful smile. I smack his arms, not too hard, and roll my eyes. He yelps in mock pain which earns him an eye roll from me.

Till the end of the movie, I am a sobbing mess and Niall looks extremely unfazed by the movie. I wipe my eyes with the back of my hands in a very unladylike manner while Niall pats my back, but doesn't say anything.

I get up from the bed when I see my phone ringing. I feel my stomach drop when I think who that could be. It is my wedding day, I would have been at the church marrying him or have been married by now. It's probably him. I am amazed that I forgot about today or what it could have been. When I look at my phone, my suspicions are confirmed. I pale but don't bother to even give it a second glance. I have received over 97 messages, 47 missed calls and 23 voice mails from everyone I know including Andy. I delete all the notifications without bothering to read any of them and switch my phone off. I want to call Andy but I decide not to, for I still feel guilty for keeping everything from him. I'll call him after I figure everything out.

I turn around to see a very confused Niall staring intently at me with furrowed eyebrows. I shake my head and look down at my feet. He doesn't say anything, but I feel his eyes on me the entire time. I look up to meet his blue eyes, but a darker shade. He stands up from where he is sitting and strolls over to me. I look at him and a tear slips down my eyes, but I quickly wipe it away.

"Are you okay?" He questions and I nod. "You sure?"

"Absolutely." I fake a smile.

"Okay." He wraps his arms around me awkwardly and pats my back. "Hungry?" He asks me when we pull apart.

"Yeah," I mumble.

"What do'ya wanna have?" I know he's trying to steer the subject and I'm really thankful for it.

"Anything." I shrug.

"Okay. Pizza Or sandwiches?"

"Pizza," I reply after weighing my options. I haven't had it in a while. Niall calls a pizza station and asks them to deliver it at the motel. He, then, calls Roger and asks him to deliver it in the room.

I don't know what would I have done if I haven't met him. It was unexpected, but I'm happy that I met someone like him in a place like this.

"Thanks, Niall" I whisper in a small voice, barely audible.

"What for?"

I shrug. "Everything."

And I really wish he understands that I mean it in every way possible.

Don't forget to vote.