Chapter 39.

"The most beautiful part is, I wasn't even looking when I found you."

Ana's POV

"Ana?"

I feel a hand rubbing my back and a small whimper leaves my mouth. I sniffle and hear my name being called again. I feel someone shake me and I struggle to open my eyes. I straighten my back and open my eyes completely before squinting as the light hits them. It takes me a couple of seconds to get used to the heavy light and I slowly open my eyes taking in the view in front of me. Niall is sleeping on the cot peacefully and I am sitting on the stool from across him. I wonder how I ended up asleep on the stool with my head against the cot. I rub my eyes and blink a couple of times before I look around to see Andy staring down at me.

"What happened?" He asks and pulls me by my hand so that I'm standing in front of him. At that moment I discern that I'm crying. I wipe away the tears that have fallen on my cheeks with the back of my hand before looking back at him as new tears start to fall.

I look at Niall before looking back at Andy. "He- he doesn't remember me," I hiccup as I try to control the tears. I cover my face with my hands and cry in my palms. Andy pulls me by my elbow and wraps his arms around me, rubbing my back every once in a while.

"What are you talking about?" He asks and I pull apart. I wipe my nose with the back of my hand and stare at him. "How do you know that?"

"He- he doesn't remember me. He called me 'miss'!" I exclaim, thinking about how hurtful it was when I realised that Niall doesn't remember me and the fact that he thought that he still loved Emily and wanted her.

"Ana, he did not even wake up. What are you talking about?" He cups my face and stares me in the eyes. I furrow my eyebrows at him, silently questioning him and he nods at me as his answer. "He is still unconscious. He didn't wake up, Ana."

"The doctor told me that he's suffering from Post Traumatic Amnesia," I hiccup and stare at him in confusion. "That- That he went back in 2017."

"No, he didn't." He shakes his head and holds my upper arms. I nod at him when I comprehend that I was just dreaming about it. I remember crying myself to sleep on the stool after everybody left. Even though Andy offer to stay along, I declined, thinking that I needed some time with Niall. An involuntary and audible sigh leaves my mouth at the fact that it was just a stupid and morbid dream and nothing more. Even though there is still a possibility that maybe it is true and that Niall will not remember me when he wakes up, I was ambivalent. "Are you okay?"

I shake my head slightly before falling on my knees. I shut my eyes tightly and let my tears fall down in my hands. I feel guilty about everything that has happened to Niall and I cannot shake the thought of him not being okay off of my head.

I feel Andy sit beside me, he removes my hand from across my face and wipes my tears with his fingers. "He's gonna be okay, Ana."

"You don't know that!" I snap, my eyes burning with new, angry tears. I'm not angry at Andy, I'm angry at myself for having ended up here. I'm angry at myself for being the reason that Niall's here. I'm angry at myself for trusting Harry. I'm angry at myself for everything that has happened the past day. "You don't know that he's gonna be okay! You do not know that he'll remember me when he wakes up! You do not know that he's even gonna wake up! You do not know shit, Andy!" I push myself on my feet and walk over to the couch before taking a place on it. I pull my knees against my chest and rest my head against them.

Andy releases a small sigh before I hear him walk towards me. "Ana, you haven't had anything since yesterday. Do you want me to bring you something?"