05 lured

(edited)

(edited)

Why didn't I tell the Lieutenant that I had discovered the killers name? Why was I protecting her? They were going to discover her fingerprints on the locket anyway. Then, he would know that I had lied to him and that I had deliberately withheld information. He would not be pleased when the results came back.

            Once we arrived back at the precinct, Hank headed straight for Captain Fowler's office to report our findings. Meanwhile, I returned to my desk and began sifting through files, researching information on Blake Forbes. According to a news article from ten years ago, she was involved in a serious car accident, one that claimed the lives of her parents. Lieutenant Anderson was the officer who rescued her from the carnage. After the incident, she was taken to St. Andrews Orphanage. She didn't have any record of criminal activity and didn't appear to display any violent tendencies. This lead me back to the question of why?

            Why did she kill that man? What was her motive?

            I sighed in annoyance. I had the pieces of an answer with no way of assembling them to form any proper conclusion. It only lead to more questions that needed answering. Frustrated, I leant back in my chair, tearing my eyes away from the monitor. Suddenly, a door slammed. Hank came storming out of Captain Fowler's office, his face contorted with anger. He stomped down the steps, his fists balled at his sides.

            'Lieutenant!' I called out, practically jumping out of my chair.

            'Not right now, Connor,' he growled, dismissing me completely.

            I glanced between him and the Captain's office. Something had clearly set him off. 'Where are you going?' I asked calmly, frowning as I watched him storm across the foyer.

            'Home!' Hank then disappeared through the exit, the door swinging shut behind him.

            'Gavin! Connor! My office, now!' Captain Fowler shouted, his voice echoing off the walls. Everyone in the room had gone quiet, watching on in curious silence. I turned my head in his direction, my LED whirring. I obeyed, stiffly making my way towards his office.

            I stepped inside, gently closing the glass doors behind me. Gavin strode in seconds later, a smug look on his face. He immediately scowled as he saw me, his arms falling dormant at his sides.

            'You called?' Gavin asked, his eyes locked on Captain Fowler who was now seated back at his desk.

            I stood with my hands secured in front of me, awaiting his response. 

            He interlocked his fingers, resting his elbows on the table. 'We just received a report regarding an incident at Eden Club. I want you to investigate,' he stated. Spinning in his chair, he pointed at Detective Reed. 'Gavin, head to the crime scene.' He then thrust his finger in my direction. 'Connor, go fetch Hank. I don't care what you do, just get him there.'