41 victory

(edited)

(edited)

____
C O N N O R

We were losing. Greyes and his CyberLife lackeys had managed to kill most of the Androids, backing us into a corner. My entire body was covered in muck, dirt and grime plaguing nearly every inch of my skin. My hair had become unkept, losing its neat, tidy style. My appearance was an exact replication of what I felt. My insides were in complete turmoil, blurring the lines between chaotic and desperate. We needed to succeed. I needed to survive so that I could see Blake again. I refused to let that kiss be our last goodbye.

I drew in a deep breath, closing my eyes as I pressed my back up against a cement wall. Hopefully she had escaped. Hopefully she's far away from Detroit and back at the cabin where it's safe. Hopefully—

North slid over to us, shouting above the sounds of gunfire. 'They're closing in, Markus!'

Markus was crouched beside me, hands gripping the handle of his gun. 'I know.'

She flashed him a pointed look. 'So? What do we do?'

Markus bounced on his heels, sending quick looks at the advancing agents. 'We hold out for as long as we can. We keep fighting until the war is won!'

North seemed satisfied with his answer, giving a nod of approval before returning fire. I cocked my head towards Markus and raised my gun. 'We can't stay here, Markus. We need to charge them. If we allow ourselves to get cornered, we're done for,' I shouted above the chaos happening around us. Seconds later, I heard Markus's voice in my head. He was informing the others of the plan.

'On my signal.' CyberLife unloaded a round of bullets in our direction. When there was a break in between fire, that's when Markus shouted, 'Now!'

War cries erupted as we charged forwards, running straight into the thick of battle. CyberLife seemed to have the same idea because the agents left their cover as well, barrelling towards us at full speed. When we collided, fists flew, some connecting and others missing. Grunts and sounds of struggle filled the air as we fought. I targeted Daniel, bringing my fist up to his face. Unable to block my hit in time, my balled hand dragged across his cheek. He staggered at the force of it, falling back a few steps. When he finally collected himself, he came out me with full force.

A gasp fell from my lips as he relentlessly attacked my stomach before knocking my feet out from underneath me. 'You fucking Android!' he spat, and I scrambled onto my elbows. 'This is all your fault!'

'Maybe you shouldn't have tried to take advantage of Blake, then it wouldn't have come to this!' I kicked Daniel in the stomach, and he crumbled in on himself. I pushed myself up onto my feet and kicked him onto his back. I laid into his face, my punches causing blood to bubble to the surface. I split his lip, blood oozing down the corner of his mouth. His eyebrow also appeared to be sliced open, crimson dripping down the side of his face.