27 suicide

(edited)

(edited)

____
C O N N O R

After an hour of nonstop driving, I finally arrived in Detroit. I wish Blake could've come with me. I had been reluctant to leave her before that kiss, and now I never wanted to leave her side. I wish I could've stayed at the cabin with her, but Markus had insisted on the urgency of the situation. It was important that I return to Detroit as soon as possible.

I pulled into an empty parking space, killing the engine. Markus was leaning against one of the parked cars, his eyes glued to the snow beneath his feet. It was late into the evening, the stars lighting up the night sky. Markus didn't tell me that we would be meeting up at a park.

A second figure stepped out of the shadows. It was the Lieutenant; the hair and physique was a dead giveaway. I hopped out of the car, slamming the door behind me.

Hank was smiling as he pulled me into an embrace. 'Nice to see you again, Connor.'

I held him tightly. 'Likewise.'

'You had me worried for a while there,' Hank admitted, taking a step back to slap a hand on my shoulder. 'I thought you got yourself killed.'

I managed a wry grin. 'Not quite yet.'

'Thanks for coming, Connor.' Markus unfolded from his position by the Lieutenant's car. 'I'm sorry to call you all the way out here.'

'You said it was urgent?' I prompted. The quicker we get this over with, the quicker I can get back to Blake.

Markus nodded slowly. 'CyberLife is picking us off one-by-one. Soon, there aren't going to be any Androids left. I tried using dialogue to settle the issue, but that only worked with the public. CyberLife isn't going to stop until blood is spilled. They won't rest until they've wiped out every single one of us.'

'What can I do to help?'

Markus folded his arms across his chest. 'The Androids that were taken have been placed in CyberLife camps: they're going to be deactivated and disposed of. We can't let that happen.'

Hank turned to Markus. 'What are you suggesting exactly?'

It started snowing, white flakes now beginning to settle in my hair and on my clothes. Briefly, I cocked my head to the sky and just watched as snowflakes danced around me, gently fluttering to the ground.

'He's suggesting that we break into the camps and free the Androids,' I answered on Markus's behalf.

This certainly complicates things. I told Blake that I would only be gone for a few days. If I went through with this operation, I would be gone for a few weeks, at the very least. A few weeks is the bare minimum. It could take months of planning, even longer to successfully execute such an operation. There's no way I can leave her alone for that long, unprotected.