42 everything

(edited)

(edited)

____
B L A K E

I told Detective Reed and Lieutenant Anderson my situation. I explained everything that had happened at the Eden Club: about my deal with William and how he had gotten extremely rough during our last encounter, beating me until I was within an inch of my life. I then went on to talk about how CyberLife had kidnapped me, later leading to Daniel Greyes trying to take advantage of me. I emphasised the part about him touching me without my consent. I could have told them about Amanda trying to kill me but there wasn't really any point. Amanda was just a machine, carrying out orders. She didn't know any better.

At least that's what I told myself.

I stepped out of the precinct, inhaling a deep breath of fresh air. Connor stood at my side, watching me with a smile on his face. 'You're finally free, Blake. You don't have to hide anymore. No more running.'

'Yeah. . . and no more Androids chasing me across a busy highway,' I teased, and Connor stared at me, deadpan.

'That was one time!' He threw his arms up and I giggled. A yawn fell from my lips, and I only just registered how tired I actually was. My eyes felt like lead—I was hardly able to keep them open.

'How about we book a hotel? We'll stay there for the night and leave for the cabin tomorrow?'

I smiled sleepily. 'Sounds good.'

The next day, after getting a good night's sleep, we headed over to Hank's house. We stood on the porch, Connor's finger hovering over the doorbell. Hank, however, threw the door open before Connor even got the chance to the press the button. He wore a wide smile on his face, his grey hair falling around his face. A dog sidled up beside him and I dropped into a crouch. 'Oh, look at you! Aren't you a cutie.' I patted the large dog, scratching behind his ears. 'What's his name?'

'Sumo,' Hank answered.

'We wanted to say goodbye before we left,' Connor said, eyes locked on the Lieutenant.

Hank nodded, sighing. 'Are you sure there's nothing I can say to make you two stay?'

I stood up and smoothed out the crinkles in my shirt. 'Oh, we'll definitely come back to Detroit. We just thought it would be nice to spend some time together, considering that we don't have to worry about CyberLife anymore.'

Hank cocked a brow, throwing Connor a sly look. 'Oh. . . Now I know why you're in such a rush to leave. I get it.'

I glanced between them, at a complete loss. What is that supposed to mean? What am I not getting?