Day Two - Dog's Den

Come morning, Tanaka threw open Ciel's curtains and bid him good morning with tea and the morning's paper, freshly pressed. Yawning, Ciel stretched and felt a weight weighing down on his chest and stomach. Looking down confusedly he suddenly remembered baby Sebastian, or rather, Alexander.

Sebastian looked up at Ciel with a bright smile, sitting up in a wobbly manner. "Cell! Cell! Cell!" He chimed, urging him to get up.

"Alright, alright, I'm up. I'm up," Ciel muttered, sitting up himself as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and accepted his tea. It wasn't how he usually liked it prepared, but he supposed he'd give it a pass for old man Tanaka. Sebastian crawled off of Ciel and onto the bed beside him, laying on his stomach and holding on to the blanket as he looked around curiously.

Swinging his legs off the side of the bed, Ciel set his tea aside as he put on his rings and eyepatch, awaiting Tanaka to dress him formally. "Tanaka, I have some business in town to attend to. Can you send for Lau and Ran-Mau?" He requested.

"Of course, young master, I'll do so at once." Tanaka bowed slightly, making quick work of dressing Ciel as he picked up Sebastian and headed downstairs for breakfast in the dining hall.

After sending back his breakfast two times, Ciel grew annoyed and stood from his seat. "Forget it, I'm not hungry anyway. I have work to do," He muttered, scooping up Sebastian who'd been watching curiously from another seat the servants had crudely converted into a high-chair with a few books and wooden boards with leather straps.

It was around eight when the carriage arrived, Ciel donning his coat and hat while grabbing his cane on his way out with Sebastian in his other arm. He needed answers as to why this happened to his butler, and if there was a way to fix it.

"Ah, lord earl! What a pleasant surprise, I was shocked when we received your message. So, is it really true about mister butler?" Lau questioned, Ran-Mau sitting in his lap and looking at Ciel curiously as he climbed in with Sebastian.

"Yes, I'm afraid it is," Ciel responded seriously, removing his hat and putting it on the seat beside him, keeping the baby in his lap.

"Then am I right to presume where we're going?" Lau asked again, tilting his head as Ran-Mau poked Sebastian's cheek.

"That's right. We're going to find out how this happened." Ciel lowered his head.

"One more question, then... What are we talking about, eh?" Lau smiled cluelessly, Ran-Mau nodding along with him as the carriage hit a slight bump in the road.

"What?! You've got to be kidding me! Then what was all that talk about my butler if you had no clue?!" Ciel snapped out of annoyance. Sebastian's usually innocent face grimaced. It was going to be one of those days.