Excuses

He had to think of something fast. "Mey-Rin, Sebastian will be gone for a while. I don't know exactly how long," He shifted the squirming child in his arms to hold him with both hands. "But for now, this is his... Nephew," He thought up something on the spot.

"Sebastian has a sibling? And a nephew?" Mey-Rin questioned confusedly, looking at the child who seemed almost a mirror image of the butler.

"You are questioning me? Go prepare breakfast and explain to the other servants immediately," He snapped. "And send Tanaka to my room." He added quickly, knowing that since Sebastian was incapable, he'd need someone else to dress him.

"Sorry, sir!" Mey-Rin apologized frantically, skittering down the hall and towards the servant's quarters. Ciel sighed, looking back at the wide-eyed demon in his arms.

"I loathe you, you know that?" He muttered, glaring at the baby who simply cooed and reached his small hand towards him. He pushed it away and set him on the floor with the baby toys. Sebastian seemed hurt at first but got distracted by the toys as intended. Another thought came to mind- what would he say the child's name was? Sebastian would never pass. He watched the small demon play with a small toy car and thought about what name would suit him best.

"Alexander, maybe?" He mumbled, sitting on Sebastian's bed as he waited for Tanaka. Sebastian looked up at the navy haired boy when he spoke. Ciel glared at him again, hoping to dissuade him. This didn't work, of course, and Sebastian simply crawled towards him again. Drawing his feet up onto the bed so that the child couldn't touch him, Ciel gave a sound of annoyment.

"Young master," Tanaka's voice sounded from the doorway this time, as Ciel looked over. He slid easily off the bed, looking to Sebastian with distaste as he hefted him back into his arms, to his clear delight. Following Tanaka out of Sebastian's room and back to his own, he put Sebastian on his bed as Tanaka prepared his attire for the day. The demon stared at Ciel for a moment before settling down on the bed and closing his eyes. It was quite comfortable, after all.

Dressed for the day and with Sebastian asleep on his bed, Ciel made his way downstairs to the dining hall for breakfast. Thankfully the kitchen wasn't horribly burned, and the food was half decent although he'd take Sebastian's cooking any day. He could hear the gossiping whispers of his servants who stood to the side of the table.

'Does Sebastian really think 'e can up and leave wit no warning?' Bard grumbled.

'I never knew he had a sibling,' Mey-Rin agreed in wonder.

'What's the little one look like? Does he have a name?' Finny asked innocently.

'Course he does,' Bard responded annoyedly.

Ciel began to get fed up, finishing his meal and standing. "Right you three, with Sebastian stepping out you've got to do your jobs better than you usually do. Tanaka can help, but it's not his job to run the place." He spoke up agitatedly. "If things start to fall apart because Sebastian's not here, then I firmly believe you three to be incompetent at your jobs."

"Right! Yes, young master!" The three servants answered in unison, taking on somewhat more serious expressions.

"Uh, one question, though..." Finny chimed in. "What's Sebastian's nephew's name?" He asked with an innocent smile. Ciel sighed.

"Alexander." He decided finally. "Speaking of, I don't trust any of you aside from Tanaka to handle him, so It'll be my job to watch him. I'll only contact you three about him if I need you. Now, get to work!"