I'm Sorry

Ciel sighed as he stood from his desk, forgetting about his work. He quickly made his way down the hall after grabbing something from his office, headed toward the kitchen to pick up Sebastian. After thanking Finny and Bard for watching him briefly, he carried Sebastian up to his bedroom and sat the baby on the bed, kneeling on the floor beside it to be eye-to-eye with him.

"Sebastian... I'm... Sorry," He forced the words, though he didn't expect Sebastian to reply. The baby looked at him in mistrust, the look of hurt in his ruby eyes shattering Ciel's heart as he placed a hand to the baby's cheek, presenting him with the item he'd grabbed from his office- the blue cat plushie.

"Please, I'm sorry that I hurt you," He spoke softer as Sebastian gently hugged the kitty. Sebastian looked between Ciel and the cat toy before he shoved it aside and stretched his small hands toward Ciel.

Ciel moved forward, wrapping his arms around Sebastian protectively. "It's alright, I won't do that again," He assured. "It's not worth it."

"Cell..." Sebastian squeaked, holding on to the young master. "Cell, mine..." He stated, hiding his face in the boy's shirt. Ciel smiled quietly.

"Yes, yours," He mused gently, moving a hand to his eyepatch, feeling the smooth silk. Sebastian frowned.

"No! Mine," He persisted, placing his small hand on Ciel's chest over his heart. Ciel was shocked.

"... Yes, that too," He laughed quietly, picking up Sebastian and sitting on the bed with him on his chest. Sebastian nuzzled up to him again, the simple action sending pleased butterflies through his body. Yes, this was much better than before. Perhaps Tanaka was right after all.

"Cell," Sebastian piped up again.

"Yes?" Ciel asked curiously. Sebastian took his larger hand in his small one and put it to his tiny chest.

"Yours," He smiled before falling asleep on top of him.