I

ENTRY 1.I: JUNGKOOK
December 3, 2008: 17:49
Busan, South Korea
Snowflakes swayed in the air like they have been for the past week as Jungkook left the building for the evening. He yawned repeatedly like normal, as tired as any other kid would be from school. The flakes today were coming down in larger numbers than usual, the brisk winter winds blowing harder and sending a chill down his spine whenever it blew. Though Jungkook usually found the falling snow and breeze quite relaxing and pleasant while walking home, neither gave him that same serene feeling that day. The street lights flickered on as the sun began to set and darkness began to consume the streets of Busan. To him, all of it was ominous and didn't help his fear of the dark, which was usually calmed by the week's round of gentle snowfall.

With his fear now active, Jungkook had the ever-familiar feeling that he was being watched. This feeling wasn't new to him, always experiencing it whenever his fears were exposed to him. Aching him and beginning to make him feel even more insecure than he already was, it dawned on him that this feeling was stronger now than ever before. At that moment, Jungkook became more alert. He looked around him at any moment possible and kept his breath steady to calm himself down. He thought he heard distant laughing around him echoing in his ear, but whenever he looked, he could never find the source of where the sound was coming from. At times, he would turn around to call out to the laugh, giving a gentle "Hello?" whenever he felt that it was getting closer to him.

It wasn't until he saw an unfamiliar silhouette in the distance behind him when he truly realized that he was in danger.

Jungkook began running for his life.

He was almost home. He was almost safe.

If he could just remember where to go.

Jungkook's fear left him braindead. He couldn't remember anything, much less how to get home.

He froze, his breath uneven and heavy from running and from his terror. He looked around him in sheer panic as he caught his breath.

He heard a voice calling out to him, trying to lure him in.

Jungkook...

He began running again, with no recollection on where his safe zone was located. Tears escaped the boy's wide, doe-like eyes as he ran for his life.

scared,
alone,
...helpless.

Jungkook...

"Get away from me!—" he shouted to the voice as he ran aimlessly into an alleyway wall, knocking him to the ground unconscious.

————————————

Jungkook opened his eyes to see nothing.

He'd woken up in complete and total darkness. Still terrified from what he'd just experienced a few seconds ago, he stood up, his hands shaking slightly. His back and head ached, making him lightheaded as he stood up.

What just happened?

That was all he cared to worry about. Where was he and how did he get there? He had to get home before anything else happened to him. The problem was, how was he supposed to get out of there if he didn't know where he was?

Jungkook froze when he heard the laughing again. It was so much louder than before, as if its source was standing right in front of him.

Looking ahead, he saw the same silhouette from before in the distance.

Was it the one that had been laughing at him? Who was it? What was it? What did it want from him?

The figure began moving closer to him. It moved so smoothly, as if its feet never touched the ground as it approached. Jungkook cowered back, afraid that it was going to do something to him, but he stopped suddenly, having backed into some sort of invisible wall. He was cornered, shaking, and terrified.