II

ENTRY 3.II: JIMIN
December 28, 2008: 20:43
For the past two weeks, Jimin had no motivation to leave his room for any reason except to get food to eat, but sometimes, he didn't have any motivation to do that, either. After everything that had happened to him with the blood, the pain, the wings, and the realization, he'd started to convince himself that he would never be happy again. All he'd do in the time that he spent willingly self-isolated was sit and stare aimlessly around him, nap, and—on some occasions—dance alone in the space that he had to work with. That night, though, all he'd done was lay on his bed and stare at the ceiling while he wasted his minutes reminiscing carefully about almost every aspect of his life.

Jimin still couldn't take in the fact that he'd been lied to for most of his entire life. He laid in his sheets sobbing, grasping his pillows in rage as he remembered the suffering he'd experienced that his family never told him was part of the endlessly happy life that they said that he had. His white sheets were still stained red from the night after he got his wings, but since he was almost always laying on top of it now, his family never noticed them.

A gentle knock on his bedroom door interrupted his thoughts, and his father's honey-sweet voice gently spoke his name.

"Jimin-ah?"

He didn't answer.

"Jimin-ah, you've hardly come out of your room for almost two weeks now. Are you doing alright?"

"You lied to me..." he murmured under his breath.

"What?" his father responded, not hearing his words.

"You...you lied to me!"

That was when Jimin suddenly revealed his wings without thinking, forcing his father to cower back in shock, and took off through the wide-open window in his room. He quickly wiped the memories of anyone who may have seen him with his wings just then, including his father, and hid himself from the gaze of people down below as he flew aimlessly with no destination in sight.

Did he really just do that? he thought. Did he really just run away from his family like that without any warning? For a bit, he regretted doing what he just did, but with the thought of a need of a getaway still present in his mind, it didn't take long at all for those regrets to leave him. He needed to be alone.

Now Jimin could truly have time to himself. He had all the time that he needed.