II

ENTRY 2.II: TAEHYUNG
March 2009: 14:38
The three friends ran together through the rain, laughing and pushing their way through the streets. Youngsoo hated the rain, using anything he had on him to keep himself from getting more drenched than he already was. Taehyung and Eunmi, on the other hand, embraced it. Eunmi especially enjoyed it, the water soaking her ponytails and staining her glasses as she turned her head up to the sky happily. Taehyung used to hate the rain as much as Youngsoo, maybe more, but after recollecting the gloomy afternoon he earned his wings, he loved it. Ever since then, the rain had always reminded him of this, and for the time being, he hoped that it always would.

They all had continued running until they found their way to their hideout space, a small enclosure within an abandoned, empty warehouse that, when they first found it, seemed to have been used as some kind of old factory of some sort. Their spot had looked to have been used as a lounge area, and when they first discovered this place, it had been the only area that wasn't cleared and still in-tact. It was a cozy space—that is after they had finished decorating it to their satisfaction—and it made as a kind of a second home for all three of them. They'd occupied the space for themselves for long enough to have gotten themselves belongings to store inside, such as pillows, blankets, and a couple of mattresses for the nights they decided to sleep there together and things to keep them occupied like books, papers, and pens that they had organized on the shelves that had been there when they first found the place. Their enclosure was separated from the rest of the warehouse by something similar to a storefront. The front wall had a single door and a set of large glass windows on each side of it, draped by curtains that they had put up on the inside as part of their decoration.

With Youngsoo and Eunmi following close behind Taehyung as they began to dry themselves off, they made their way through the warehouse to their enclosure. Youngsoo began wringing out the jacket that he'd used as a makeshift cover while Eunmi took time to squeeze the water out of her pigtails so that they wouldn't drip and so that they would dry faster. Once inside, Taehyung flipped on the lights that they had strung inside of their hideout, taking in the area for the first time in a few weeks. He smiled as he looked upon it again, overjoyed to finally be back in their safe space. As soon as the three took their shoes off at the door, they'd immediately found a seat on the beaten-down couch next to each other, Youngsoo quickly opening his backpack to make sure that none of the snacks that they had gotten at the convenience store had gotten too wet. Thankfully, none of it had. They took their snacks and bottles of water and enjoyed them as they continued to catch their breath from running.

"We should definitely do that again sometime," Eunmi proposed as she wiped her forehead with the sleeve of her jacket. "That was way too much fun."

"Agreed," Taehyung responded laughing. "It was worth getting soaked for."

"Objection," Youngsoo interrupted. "It wasn't worth getting soaked for. Now I have to wait a whole week before I can wear this jacket again."

"Oh, Youngsoo-ah," Taehyung said playfully, "come on, is the rain really that bad?"

"To me it is. I thought you hated it, too, though. Whatever happened to you that made you change your opinion so fast?'

"I don't know, to be honest with you," he lied, being sure to not reveal anything to them. "I must've just had a change of heart over time, I guess."

Taehyung felt odd lying to Youngsoo just then. The three of them had naturally always told the truth to one another, so suddenly forcing himself to lie for the better of himself just didn't feel right to him. He did realize, though, that he'd had a desire to show the both of them what had happened to him this whole time, but he kept his desires at bay, knowing that if he did show them, he'd probably regret it much later in life.