Part 9

Hello friends, finally it is Friday! I will post 3 parts of my story this weekend. Tomorrow I will be posting Part 10 and Sunday Part 11. Have a nice Friday 😊

~ City Hospital ~

Ishita laid quietly in the hospital bed staring up at the ceiling tiles. She knew that she had hurt Raman by not telling him about the baby right away, the look in his eyes earlier broke her heart. Looking back she realized that she should have told him right away, but in hindsight everything was always 20/20. In
the first few moments of him finding out about the baby it was if everything was going to be alright and that they had a future together, but now Ishita  didn't know what the future held.

Raman  stood by the window looking out at New Delhi . As excited as he was about the baby, his baby with Ishita , he couldn't help but be disappointed in her choice not to tell him. They had been through this before when she had returned from the dead. He knew that she had her reasons for not telling him but, somehow he expected more from her although he certainly didn't deserve it.

They hadn't spoken a word to each other in over an hour. Ishita wouldn't even allow him to be in the room with her when Dr. Sharma examined her. He waited outside whilst Vandu stayed with her, holding her hand, comforting her and assuring her that everything was going to be all right. When Dr.Sharma came out and told him that Ishita had experienced Braxton Hicks contractions relief flooded over him. He had never been so scared in his entire life.

"What are Braxton Hicks contractions?

Dr.Sharma Explained to him that it was not a bad thing and many pregnant women now and then have it. She said ,Ishita had told her, that the baby was very active and it is very likely that it came from it.

"Do not worry Mr.Bhalla ,Ishita and the baby is fine. You can take your wife home."

Raman breathed in relief

Raman had convinced Vandu to give him some time with Ishita and she agreed and took Ruhi down to the cafeteria. In the twenty minutes that she had been gone he stood staring out the window. Finally working up enough courage he walked over to the hospital bed and sat down beside Ishita . "You scared the hell out of me." he confessed.

"I'm sorry." she said dryly, continuing to look up at the ceiling. "I want to go home. Dr.Sharma said I could leave."

"I know she did." he replied. "I thought you and I could talk first."

"I really don't want to talk about anything right now." she told him. "I just want to go home and get in my own bed."

"Okay." Raman agreed. "I'll take you home."

"No." she protested. "I want Akka ."

"Vandita took Ruhi down to the cafeteria." he replied.

"Well then go get her."

"Ishita , I'm the father of this baby, not Vandita ." he told her. "I should be here with you."

"Raman ." she breathed out, not taking her eyes of the ceiling. "Please go get Akka."

He let out a heavy sigh and got up off the bed. "Whatever you want." he told her as he left the room. As soon as the door shut behind him Ishita burst out into tears, tears that she had been holding back since the moment Raman had entered the room. She turned over onto her side and sobbed softly into the pillow. She had ruined everything.

"Ishu?" Vandita called out as she entered the room. "Are you all right?" she asked as she crossed the room to where Ishita was.
"What happened? Why are you crying?"

"I ruined everything!" Ishita cried. "Raman hates me!"

Vandu sat down on the bed beside her. "Raman doesn't hate you." she said softly, brushing a lock of hair away from her face. "He's just upset."

"He hates me." she sobbed. "You didn't see the look in his eyes when he found that I kept the pregnancy from him. I've never seen him so mad."

"So what happened when he was in here with you?" she asked. "Did you fight?"

"He kept looking out the window." Ishita told her. "He was quiet for the longest time. He said that he wanted to talk, but I refused."

"Why?"

"Because I can't bare to look him in the eye." she confessed. "The look of pain and disappointment is too much for me and I put it there. What makes it worse is the fact that all of this could have been avoided if I would have just told him the truth from the beginning."

Vandita wiped away a few of Ishita 's fallen tears. "I think you should just give this a little time." she suggested. "Tonight was overwhelming with Raman coming back and the Braxton Hicks contractions. I'm sure once the both of you get a good night's sleep you can work things out calmly and collectively in the morning."

"I hope you're right."

She smiled. "I know I am."

Raman knocked on the door before he left himself inside. "Is everything alright?" he asked, concerned about his wife and child.

Ishita buried her face in the pillow so that he couldn't see that she had been crying. "Everything's fine." she mumbled.

Raman and Vandu exchanged glances.

"Are you ready to go home ?" Raman asked.

"Yes." Ishita answered. "I just have to get dressed. Where's Ruhi ?"

"She's waiting outside." he told her. "I'm going to take her back home with me."

Ishita lifted her head from the pillow, her eyes were red and swollen, her beautiful face tear stained. "Ruhi 's home is with me." she told him. "Besides I don't want to be alone tonight."

"I don't want you to stay alone either." he said as he moved toward the bed, relieved that she was finally talking to him.

"Well, then." Vandu breathed. "There's the perfect solution."

"What?" Raman and Ishita asked in unison.

"You have a guest room, Ishu ." she reminded her. "Raman could stay there. That way you won't be alone and Raman will be near his children. Come on, what do you say? Ishu?"

Ishita shrugged. "Fine."

"Raman ?" Vandu asked.

"Okay." he agreed. "Just for tonight."

Ishita got dressed and the four left the hospital.

When they arrived in the building hall, Amma, Appa and Mihika were already waiting for Ishita.

Amma made sure that Ishita was fine and then everyone went to bed.

tbc.....