Gone But Never Forgotten

Gamora found Peter slouched weakly against the fence around the porch, the white peeling paint had come off slightly on his bare arms.

"Peter?" Gamora asked, coming up beside him she laid a hand on his arm.

"I'm alright." He replied slowly bringing himself into an upright position, his hand clutched his wound.

"You should be resting." She attempted to pull him back inside, but even in his weak state he stood his ground. His eyes locked on the setting sun, the yellow and orange glow covered the almost flat landscape.

"I saw Yondu." Still his eyes locked on the sunset.

"Quill I told you, that wasn't real." Gamora had recalled the multiple times Peter had been looking right at her but only seen Yondu. Peter turned to her, there was a spark in his eyes, a sign of life. Something she thought she would never see again.

"I saw Yondu, the real Yondu." Peter insisted, he could only briefly recall his time spent in the white space. He remembered Yondu and his mother, and how he had longed to be with them.

"Peter you couldn't have." Peter turned away in frustration, shacking his head in anger.

"I was dead!" Peter suddenly shouted, he refused eye contact. "I saw Yondu, I saw my mum and my granddad. For fuck sake even Ego was there." Peter's hand found his way to his throat, he recalled the feeling of Ego's boot attempting to crush it.

"Peter calm down" Gamora put a gentle hand again on his shoulder, this time he flinched. She blinked a few times, confused with his response. Peter immediately realised and regretted what he had done. But without a word she took him in her arms, seeing the guilt in his eyes. She did not blame him for his actions, she just wanted to help him.

"Peter I'm not going to pretend I know what you went through, and what you are now going through." Gamora took a deep breath, still her arms wrapped around Quill. "But I have been with you the whole way, and the pain I was put through was unbearable." Gamora berried her face in Peter's shoulder. "I watched you die, I had to keep watching you die." Gamora no matter how hard she tired could not keep her tears at bay any longer, they tickled down her smooth green face. So much pain and agony held within each tear. Her heart jumped when she felt Peter grow heavy in her arms, her head shot up locking eyes with him. Tears rolled down Peter's face as Gamora lowered him to the ground.

"I never wanted to put you through so much pain." He weakly sobbed, his back against the wall of the house.

"Peter your still weak." Gamora lifted Peter's clean light blue top out the way, a top that Jacob had provided. The bandages where clean, Gamora assumed the wound underneath remained sealed. She lowered his top and put a supporting hand on his shoulder. She found him looking to the side, back at the the setting sun.

"Reminds me of my old home."

"Old home?"

"My new one Is on some god forsaken planet, in multiple pieces, lost within a jungle of pain." Peter smiled, just the sight of colour in his cheeks and the glisten in his eyes, brought Gamora overwhelming joy. Silence fell and Gamora sat comfortably next to Peter, they sat there staring at the sun with squinting eyes, until it slipped behind the horizon.

"Been able to contact Mantis and Kraglin?" Peter groaned as he moved, trying to get comfortable.

"We just got through to them moments ago, their going to go collect the Milano, as Rocket has almost finished with the repairs on the bounty hunter's ship." Peter nodded in agreement, he had feared he would never see the ship he now called home again, he didn't even think he would ever set foot on Earth again. "We will meet them at the Nova Corps blockade."

"What are you two, animals? Get off the floor, my god." Rocket said as he made his way up onto the porch. Gamora and Peter remained seated on the floor, smiling at Rocket. Rocket smiled back. "Repairs are all done, ready to go when you are." He told them, wiping his hands with a dirty oil stained piece of cloth. Peter attempted to get to his feet, he was quickly aided by Gamora.

"We'll leave in the morning." Peter announced. "There's just one thing I need to do."

-

Peter approached the grave stones, the morning light blessing him with warmth. Mountains sat in the distance, the peaks covered in snow. With one hand Peter unzipped his red leather jacket, which still bared the scars of his latest adventure. He lowered the bunch of white lilies onto the grave, the grass upon the graves was a vibrant green, so much life surrounded the graveyard, which was strange for a place full of death. Peter read the words on the grave.

'Here Lies

Meredith Quill

A Loving Mother.'

His gaze switched to the grave beside hers on the right.

'Here Lies

Peter Quill

Lost, But Never Forgotten.'

Peter turned to his left, to read the grave on the other side of his mothers. There lay his grandfather, he couldn't bare to read the date of his death. He took a two lilies from the bunch on his mother grave, he grunted in pain as he got to his feet. His wound still all to painful. Kneeling down painfully he placed one on his grandfathers.

"I'm sorry." Peter took a deep breath, fighting back his tears "We both lost everything that day, but I was the only one who was able to run away from it all." Again he got to his feet slowly, this time kneeling at his own grave. He placed the last lily on the grave.

"Quill we must go." Rocket's agitated voice whispered. He turned to find Gamora, Drax and Rocket with Groot in his hands, standing just behind him. Hoods were draped over Gamora and Rocket faces, while Drax had only been forced to wear a top, which he seemed extremely uncomfortable in. Peter turned back to the graves, again he got to his feet and took a few steps backwards. he looked down at the gravestones stones.

"Peter, you alright?" Gamora asked, her gentle hand taking hold of his. He looked up at the world he had left behind. Behind the grave stones stood his Mother, Grandfather and Yondu. They all smiled at him, he blinked and they were gone. He smiled at the world, a single tear ran down his cheek.

"I will be." Peter smiled, he turned back towards his family, before following them back to the ship. Heading for home.

-

The knock at the door had startled Jacob, his new found friends only having just left he was busy tidying up. He recalled their gratitude, how grateful they were of his and his fathers help.

"Jacob get the door." His father called to him. Jacob dropped the empty boxes of painkillers he had just picked up and headed for the door. With one swift movement the door swung open. Jacob thought his jaw had hit the floor, his eyes were stuck open. He couldn't help but take a shaky step back.

"Son you happen to know anything about the massive crater on your property." There stood Captain America, his hands sat on his belt, shield on his back.

"No, no sir." Jacob stuttered.

"Come on kid, what did we miss?" Tony Stark asked, suddenly stepping out from behind the Captain.