Twentythree| gotta move.

Aubree

Aubree.
Six Months Later

"And this will be your office."

I smiled as I walked inside of my new office space. Months after applying for a new job something finally came through. I ended up landing a job as a office clerk. The pay is great, hours are amazing, I'm excited.

"This is very nice." My eyes looked over the glossy wood walls. You could tell everything in here was brand new. I love it.

"I'm glad you like it." My new boss India said. "Everyone is like family around here so I know you're not going to have any trouble fitting in. I still have a few things to finish up for you before you start. I'm going to say two Monday's from now everything will be ready. I know that may seem like a long time but it'll fly by. You know working for the government takes a bunch of extra bs."

"Yes I know, and it's fine. I'm just grateful you chose me for the job."

"Tisha gave you an amazing recommendation. I couldn't pass this up. She seemed sad to see you go honestly."

"Tisha looked out for me at my previous job. It hurt to leave but it was time."

"I understand especially with Ryan as a boss."

I nodded.

"Well I'm going to let you get out of here." She continued. "If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call me."

"I will, thanks again." I flashed her a smile then walked over to the elevator. As I waited for it to come up, my phone vibrated.

Chris

Can I get Ariel tomorrow?

Sighing, I ran my fingers through my hair. A lot has happened these last six months. After Chris and I broke up we stopped talking completely, until I had to put on my professional hat and be his PO. We kept it strictly business, no outside talk until he was getting ready to leave. He asked if he could keep in touch for Ariel's sake. I simply nodded, it would've been wrong to say no. It felt like parents that are going through a divorce.

The next day, Tisha comes in my office asking for all of his files. I was confused, then hurt but I kind of saw this coming. He wanted to cut all ties from me except for Ariel. I quickly handed them over and once she asked was everything okay, I cracked. I cried and cried.

She gave me some time off and I spent most of that in bed.

Once I felt like it was time to bounce back I headed back to work.

I accepted the fact that Chris was done with what we had so I needed to be the same way. Well at least I thought I did. Even though we broke up I still hung out with his friends and their girls. Even Sinko.

I had to make sure his beef wasn't some secret crush. He said it wasn't, he just was making sure that I wasn't bullshitting his best friend. He even told me how Chris hasn't seemed like himself since we broke up.