Part 5

Aarushi (shocked) : Kya?! Aap chaati ho ki mein wapaas ajau?! Aap theek haina?! ( what?! You want me to come back?! Are you okay?! [ concerned] )

Arnav : Iss liye ke raha hoon ki tum wapaas aajau taahki hum theek ho sakti hai. ( that's why I'm saying come back so that we can be alright.)

Arshi (confused) : Hum?! (We?!)

Arnav : Mein Aur tumhari ma! (Your mother and I)

Arshi ( panicking) : Kya... Kya hua ma ko? Kya voh theek hai?! Aur aap... Aapko kya kua?! Aap dono ki taabiyaat toh theek haina?! Aap kuch bolti kyun nahi?! ( what...what happened to Ma?! Is she alright? And you?! What happened to you? Is it relating to your health?)

Silence...
Arshi : Aap kuch bolti kyun nahi?! ( why ain't you saying something?)

Arnav : I had a fight with the family.

Arshi : Kya?! Kyun? (What? Why?)

Arnav : Sab jaante hai ki meine aapna yaadasht khoya aur jaabi mein Khushi se poochta hoon humari past ke baare mein, voh jawaab nahi deta. Voh hamesha keti hai jab waqt saahi hai voh mujhe bata gi... Aur upar se yeh wheelchair Aur tum yaha nahi hai. Aur obviously sab usse baato agree karte. ( everyone knows I lost my  memory and whenever I ask Khushi about our past she doesn't reply. She always says when the time is right she'll tell me. And to top it all this wheelchair doesn't allow me too... And you're not here. And obviously everyone agrees to what she has to say.) Kabhi kabhi mein sochta hoon ki, kya hamari past itni buri the ki voh mujhe batana zaroori nahi samajhti...aur tum bhi aapna dad ek baar call bhi nahi kiya. (sometimes I wonder as to whether our past was so bad that she doesn't find it necessary to share it with me. And you didn't even find it necessary to call your dad.

Arshi (almost screaming) : Naaahi... Asa nahi hai dad! Aur aap iss baat se vaakif hai. She's doing it for your betterment. (It's not like that dad! And you're aware of this fact.) ( she conveniently escapes)

Arnav : Don't defend her okay! I understood her when she told me that she will tell me about our past in my initial days of the accident as she didn't want to stress me then. But what about now after 2 years.

Arshi (gulping) : I understand what you're... (Interrupted by Arnav)

Arnav : No you don't because you're not here to see how insecure I'm. Even though I share a relationship with her. She forces me to think otherwise through her actions making me inflict pain upon her emotionally.  I hate it when I see tears in her eyes and to think that I'm the cause of it.

Arshi (mind) : Well somethings never change. (Smiles).

Arnav : I don't know how much I loved in her in the past but I've come to know that despite our differences now, I never stopped.

Arshi : I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. I wasn't there when you needed me.

Arnav : I need you now. Not just to mend relations but I need you as my daughter as well.

Arshi : I'll come under 2 conditions. 1) that you agree to get treated. 2) No one but you will know about my arrival and why I came.

Arnav (amazed)  : How did you know that I have stopped my treatment?!

Arshi : I've my sources I'm not ASR's daughter for nothing (smirking). So tell me do you accept my conditions?
Arnav : If I accept your conditions then you'll have to accept mine.

Arshi (mind) : Of course I forgot I was talking to the great business minded ASR. If there is one thing that never change , then that is his Harvard business brain!!! Now I understand what mum says. 🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻.

Arshi : Aur voh kya hai?! ( and what is that?)

Arnav : That no one but you will treat me.

Arshi (tensed self talk) : According to the family I'm still a doctor how do I tell them that I'd forsaken my job long back.

Arshi : Dad your treatment requires specialist attention. I'm not even qualified yet. ( she tries to come up with an excuse )

Arnav (with finality in his tone) : Miss Aarushi Arnav Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada it is either you or no one is else!!!

Arshi : Okay I shall do it. I'll come after 2 days. Till then take care of yourself and mum. Bye!

Flashback ends...

Present

Tomorrow is a big day, I'll be meeting the family after two years. How will they react?!

Suddenly her phone beeps with a notification. She opens her mail and reads the content sent by Aakil.
Mr Khuranna you messed with the wrong person.