Part 27

Arnav POV

Evening arrived sooner than I expected, not that I was complaining. In fact I was glad that everyone was just as excited as me for our family date. Yeah, that's what we call it. Actually this was just an excuse to get Payal and Akash to spend time together, as their anniversary is tomorrow. This was a plan orchestrated by the quintet, who sought my help for their plan to be a success. According to them, Akash never disregards anything I say, huhhh. If they only knew how stubborn, he was. Let me give you a little insight about what happened earlier today.

FLASHBACK

Ayaksh : Please dad! Maan jau na! (Please agree!)

Akash : No, that's ridiculous! I don't think Payal will agree to this anyways. I'm not going anywhere and that's final!

Ayaksh : Please dad. Ek bhaar mum ke liye soch li jiye. Palak aur mein sari bookings bhi kar li. (Please, for mum's sake, think about it dad! Palak and I already did the bookings.)

Akash : Well, there is a thing called, asking! You two should try it sometime, it really works.

Ayaksh : Please dad! Mom ko itna accha lage ga! (Mom will really feel nice.)

Akash : Ayaksh, don't you understand a simple thing? I said NO! AND THAT'S FINAL!!!

Ayaksh : Waise aapko kabhi pata bhi hai ki mom kya chaati hai?! (Do you even know what mom wants?!)

Akash (shouting) : AYAKSH!!!

Arnav chose to intervene, seeing that matters were going out of hand.

Arnav : Kya hua Ayaksh? Itna shor kyun? (What happened Ayaksh? Why is there so much noise?)

Arnav's question rendered Akash silent. Ayaksh, however, chose to reply, ignoring Akash's intense glare.

Ayaksh : Voh kya hai na bade papa, it's mom and dad's anniversary tomorrow, so Palak and I thought that they should go out and celebrate. We even made the reservations. But no, dad doesn't feel like! BOTH of them deserve to go but he is adamant about not going. You request Dad to go, he will surely listen to you.

Arnav : Akash I think you should go. At least you and Payal will get to spend time with each other.

Akash : Bhai, I think I already discussed this, I'm not going anywhere and that's final.

Seeing Akash about to walk away, Arnav took a back seat and ASR emerged.

Arnav : Fine! If you don't want to go, don't go.

Arnav's words made the quintet gasp as this was not the plan, and it made Akash sigh in relief. But Arnav was not done yet.

Arnav : Tum nahi chaati ki tum dono kahi chale jaaye, theek hai! Mat jau! Leken tum, dau din ke liye, yaani aaj aur kal, khaam se jaldi lauto gi. Sirf tumhe kyun, pura parivaar aisa karega.  (You don't want to go anywhere, then don't! But for two days, I.e. today and tomorrow you'll return early from work. Not just you, the entire family will.)

Akash : But bhai!

Arnav : uhh uhh! I'm not yet done Akash! That's an order and that's final. No arguments.

Now Akash definitely couldn't disobey that. Arnav walked away in triumph, while the quintet stood agape at their uncle/father. He certainly did know how to play his cards. A.S.R

FLASHBACK ENDS.

And so here we are, after our sumptuous dinner, seated in the lounging area, watching a slideshow compiled with the different memories of Akash and Payal.