Part 13

After having her breakfast Arshi came downstairs only to find Shravan still there. She was descending the stairs when she got a phone call from Ayaksh

On the phone call

Arshi : Hello bhai! I'm on my way!
Ayaksh : Arshi aaj office mat aana!
Arshi : Kyun?
Ayaksh : TV nahi dehka tumne? In fact I'm on my way home.

With that Arshi cut the call and went to the lounge area to switch the TV only to be enraged by the news she was welcomed with.

TV reporter : It is said that AKR Designz is a scam that is going about trapping big businesses. Unfortunately AR couldn't escape its' clutches. After all the great ASR is not there. The person who provided us with this information seems to have known AKR quite well. Don't know how ASR will take to this news...

All the family members were shocked. This is the first time ever they've heard questions being raised against AR. Otherwise no one...no one dared to even think about it, not even AR's rivals. It is til date the number 1 fashion house.

Arshi switched off the TV not wanting to hear more.

Arshi : What the hell!!!
Khushi : Yeh Sab kya hai? (What is all this?) Yeh tumhari business ke baare mein bhaat kaari hai Arshi Aur AR bhi! (They're talking about your business as well as AR!)
Arshi : Dad shouldn't be aware of this at all!

Arshi approaches Shravan and slaps him shocking the others.

Arshi : Mr Khuranna can't you understand a simple thing? I thought I made it clear to you that day not to interfere in my life? What the hell is this? What are you trying to prove dammit?

Shravan : I thought...

Arshi : You thought to take matters in your hands and destroy two company's reputations' just because you were struggling to make it to the top! So you thought why don't I create a scene at AKR's fashion show and why not defame AR & AKR? In this way I'd be killing 2 birds with one stone. That's what you thought right?

Anjali : Arshi there might be a misunderstanding.

Arshi : Bua not now I'll explain later.

Shravan : No Arshi. I mean Ms Raizada. I told you before if I knew you were ASR's daughter I wouldn't of done this. I really thought you to be an imposter who would defame AR. That's why I did all this. To save AR.

Everyone gasped at the revelation.

Arshi : If you really thought of AR you'd of cared enough to enquire with the representatives of AR. Which is if you didn't know  my mum,  my Machu, Mr Akash Singh Raizada, Ayaksh bhai, chachu & Aman chachu. I refuse to believe anything you're saying because you never cared for AR in the first place nor my father.

Shravan : Believe me Ms Raizada I only came here to inform them about this but then I'd a shocking encounter with you preventing from speaking further.

Arshi : Okay! Let's not beat around the bush! How much have you been paid to do this? Who hired you to do this?...(interrupted by Shravan)

Shravan : What! Are you mad?! Why would I do this?

Arshi : I don't know that's why you tell me! Listen if you worrying about not getting paid. Don't worry I'll pay you twice the amount or however much you want. Just tell me who did this and why?

Shravan : Ms Raizada how many times must I tell you to believe me! I'm not as low as you consider me to be. I won't stoop so low for money.

Arshi : Trust me Mr Khuranna believing you is the last thing on my mind right now! Because I don't believe someone who happens to appear after my father's accident and claim that my dad invested in his business.
There must be a reason for you doing this.

Akash : But Arshi the Khurannas have been doing business with AR before bhai's accident.

Arshi : Maybe Machu but if he is comes from a wealthy family why did he need dad to invest in his business?

Akash : He... (Interrupted by Arshi)

Arshi : Sorry Machu but I want to hear the answer from him! So tell me Mr Khuranna why did you need my father to invest in your business?

Shravan : Unlike others I wanted to earn a name of my own and not be dependent on my family name. So I went about starting up my own business SK, which was struggling at first and then...

Arshi : You know what I don't have time for your stories so please get out from my sight before I end up doing something really bad!

Shravan : I...

Arshi : Get out!

Shravan : Akash sir please believe me I didn't do it intentionally. Khushi mam! NK sir!

Arshi : I said get out! Guards get him out of here right now!!!

Akash : Why did you dismiss him without listening to what he has to say Arshi?

Arshi : He's the reason why AR is being questioned Machu!

Anjali : Yahi karni ke liya yaha aayi ho tum? ( is this what you came back to do?)

Arshi : Nahi Bua. Mein wapas India aayi thi kyun ki mein aapni zindagi ki Saab se bare deal crack karne ke liye. And I'll achieve at any cost. ( no aunt! I came to India to crack the biggest deal of my life) [ only Ayaksh who just entered the scene understood the hidden meaning behind her words. ]

Arshi approached her mother as she hasn't spoken a word. She found that her mother was getting emotional and she knew why.

Arshi : Ma I need you to be any thing but emotional right now. I need you as my strength okay! And please dad mustn't know a thing about this at all.

******************************

Just some clarifications
Sorry I should of mentioned it earlier but nevertheless.

Arshi addresses Akash as Machu & Payal as Chasi. ( 2 names that are of her own invention will let you know the story behind those names in the latter parts of the story. )

She addresses NK & Lavanya as Chachu & chachi

She addresses Aman as Aman chachu even tho they're not blood related they share a close bond & Aman is aware of her past.

She addresses Aarav as Bhaiya & Ayaksh as Bhai.

******************************
To be continued...

Please don't forget to vote and guys please comment so I know whether I should improve or add anything.