Part 25

The sun shone brightly over Shantivan and shyly peeked through the curtains of their room, indicating a new beginning. Khushi was the first to rise, she found herself in the  tight embrace of her husband. She looked up at him with immense love and pride. She frowned not getting a proper glimpse of him. That beard of his does not allow her to admire him properly. He seriously needs to get rid of it, she thought. She doesn't know how she tolerated it. Khushi caressed his face and remembered their conversation from last night, that brought a smile to a face. He was willing to create new memories with her.

She could not express the amount of happiness she had felt then. She decided this time she'll walk beside him in their journey, not behind nor in front of him. Yes, she was wrong about not relating his past to him, maybe because she didn't have the courage to but now everything has changed. He knows about it now. And the reason for their  happiness was their Arshi. She helped her mother, supported her and gave her courage.

She smiled thinking about their new beginning. With that thoughts lingering in her mind, she carefully freed herself from his embrace, taking care not to disturb him and went to get ready for the day.

When she came out from the bathroom, she found Arnav awake. She passed him her charming smile to which he reciprocated.

Khushi : Good morning Arnavji.

Arnav : Good morning Khushi.

Khushi : Waise kya aap muskura rahi ho yah phir ro rahi hai? (Are you smiling or are you crying?)

Arnav : What the Khushi! Why would you ask that??

Khushi : Nahi bas puch rahi thi kyun ki mujhe nahi pata ki aap ki expressions kya hai! Kyun ki aap ke daari bilkul  kabaab mein haadi ki taara hai. Utaar kyun nahi deti usko?!
(No, I'm just asking because I don't know what your expressions are. Your beard is a hindrance. Why don't you take it out?)

Arnav got what she was trying to say and smirked. He remembered his conversation with Arshi.

"I'll only take it out when she asks me too."

He thought to play along.

Arnav : Toh utaar do!
(Then take it out!)

Khushi's jaw dropped at his bold statement or maybe she was reading too much between the lines. Seeing her expression, Arnav could only guess what she was thinking.

Arnav : What happened Khushi?? You only wanted it out, then take it out now...

My daari. (My beard)

Khushi's face flushed as she realized that she was interpreting a different meaning of his words. Seeing that Arnav thought to tease her more.

Arnav : Tum kya soch rahi thi? I'm serious Khushi. I can't walk so it would be impossible for me to... 
(What were you thinking?)

Arnav stopped as he saw Khushi's eyes, brimming with tears. Only then he realized what he said.

Arnav : I'm sorry. I didn't mean that...

But he couldn't complete as she ran off. What surprised Arnav was that she returned with his accessories but didn't talk to him.
Khushi was about to proceed further but was pulled by Arnav and landed on his lap.

Khushi : Aap pagal hai kya Arnavji?! Agar aap ko chohot lag jaati toh?! Leken aap yeh sab kyun sochogi?
(Are you mad Arnavji? What if you got hurt? But why would you think of all that?)

Arnav : Maaf kardo!
(Forgive me!)

Khushi was about to get up from his lap when she heard him say "Stay."